Mavic SPD Shoes Cleat Compatibility

El Diego
El Diego Posts: 440
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
Does anyone know if Mavic shoes are compatible with Look cleats/pedals. Cheers.

Comments

• attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Fairly sure they will be.

John Ginge has some, but I can't remember what pedals he uses
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • I have some mavic shoes which are look-compatible... mine are the storm trooper ones... ummm... can't remember what they're called!

Post a pic and we'll tell you!
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Ooh, we had this discussion a while back. I think I remember the details but may get my search fu out.

The higher end mavics only have 3-bolt as standard (so Look/Time etc compatible) but you can get conversion plates (not mavic specific) to fit spd cleats.
    The lower end shoes have drillings for both 2 and 3 bolt cleats.

Go here, select a shoe and use the icon to the bottom right of the image to view the sole:
    http://www.mavic.com/road/products/foot ... 6.9.1.aspx
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Avenir... that's it....

EDIT: they're very narrow. Not ideal for wide-footed folk like me.
  • El Diego
    El Diego Posts: 440
    I've got Mavic Alpine MTB shoes that i'm currently using with Shimano cleats but they're killing my ankles. I want a pedal with a bigger surface area that i'm hoping might provide some relief from the pain.

I also have a pair of Avenirs. If the cleats fit one, they should fit the others though right?
  • Hmmmm.

SPDs won't fit the Avenirs, they're three-hole only. SPD-SLs, Look, Speedplay, some Time cleats - all fine with the Avenirs.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    not sure you're looking in the right area for relief from pain, I'd suggest re-evaluating your bike set-up first, could be any number of factors
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"