David Millar interview

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited January 2010 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• a great read thanks for sharing
  • Just had a glance now and it looks good - will ride it all later.

Points on Wiggns and CVV are interesting. Hopefully CVV will have an injury free season and be able to perform top 10 at least in the Tour.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Thoroughly enjoyed that, thanks.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Also available as a podcast from the NYC Velocity site or via iTunes.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited October 2012
    This is a really interesting read from which I learnt quite a few things. The bit about his exploits in Barcelona were great.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Interesting but does he have to F*** and C*** all the time? Really cheeses me off.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Sorry, it's how we talk in Scotland :P
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Sorry, it's how we talk in Scotland :P
    But he isn't REALLY from Scotland is he? Born in Malta and raised in Hong Kong? Anyway I've been to Scotland and I didn't hear that all the time I have to say.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • I'll have to be honest, I wasn't being 100% serious in my response.
  • I have been in Aberdeen for 24hours and heard no swearing yet ...... could be that I havent understood anyone yet
  • maltiv
    maltiv Posts: 34
    Great interview.
  • Kléber wrote:
    Also available as a podcast from the NYC Velocity site or via iTunes.

top tip cheers for that
  • That's a really good interview. He comes across very well.
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    Good interview and interesting about the micro doses, you have to wonder what would have happened if he hadnt got caught.

....and his mock off hand manner gets on the wick after a while.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Actually, one of the things I like about the nyvelocity interviews is that they write the conversations out as they were spoken, with not much editing. You get a much better feel of the tone of the interview and what the interviewee is saying. F***s and c***s and all :lol:
  • Roscobob
    Roscobob Posts: 344
    I have been in Aberdeen for 24hours and heard no swearing yet ...... could be that I havent understood anyone yet

Could very well be, I often miss what they say.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Great interview. His words on the views of the younger riders on doping gives me more faith that the peloton may actually be cleaning up its act than all the bs monitoring programmes that are trumpeted.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Some young riders are doing this right but plenty are not, especially in Italy and Spain. Only last month a neo-pro on Liquigas was busted for his second income as a drug dealer.

It helps to distinguish between the teams that make a virtue of healthy riding and those that don't give a toss.

The NYC Velocity site has some interesting podcasts from time to time. The recent interview with Timothy Duggan for example was a good chat, you can get plenty of insight into the team and life as a more humble rider, from crashes to training.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I can't believe the vileness spilling forth from his mouth.

Wicked Child!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    that language would make a premiership footballer blush :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    I think the evolving relationship between Millar and Kimmage is interesting.

Also, his Vuelta victory was important -- bread and water is important ethically (of course), but it is great to see that result in a win.

I loved the swearing.