Bikescene

Fanis
Fanis Posts: 101
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Never used them before.Has anyone else bought components or bike from bikescene.co.uk? i try to find here informations about them but i can't find something.is it reliable or is't a big fraud??

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    They have an address and are listed on yell.com
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • James23
    James23 Posts: 113
    I very well could be ordering my Hope 2 lights from here £34 cheaper than Wiggles ????? :lol:
  • the shop does exist, they have an address and also provide a phone number, give em a ring, always the best way to settle your mind.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • 3110neil
    3110neil Posts: 303
    Is this bikescene in guisborough ,if so go on www.mtbguisborough.ning ask the lads on there ,they seem to use them ,should gave you more off an idea ,hope this helps
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    They've been going for ages, so it'll be legit.
  • Bikescene has been going for Donkeys Years.

I've had a superb KHS Montana Comp from them plus a Marin Eldridge Grade.

I have also ridden with Ian Cation, one of their mechanics who is a top class rider, and I mean top class, competition top class.:wink:

We are a local group of riders who use the shop regularly:

Check us out here.

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/

:wink:
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    If it's a hoax it's definitely a very elaborate one. Royal sounds like a paid actor to me! It's a trap!
  • another for the legit camp. always call in when on way to guissy woods.

going this week to get some bearings for a mates maverick duc32 hub...
    he bought his whyte 46 there 3yr ago and always gets them to service it...

normally advertise in a few mags too... (tho not mbuk so much)
  • birchy
    birchy Posts: 309
    they are legit my mate went up there to test ride a marin and few other mates from redcar way on use them alot
  • God, there is far too much internet PARANOIA going on.....

are you real? Can I trust you all? Are you really human?

:shock: :lol:
  • you can trust no one on the internet... the governments made it that way...

how is awesomeness btw i aint visited for ages.... but went to school there...
  • I've bought a 2006 kona coiler deluxe from bikescene in guisborough. not via the internet but from the actual shop. not a hoax.
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Have no fear, they're legit in fact too legit to quit!

Franchised Spesh dealer, my mates have bought bikes online and they were great.
  • Fanis
    Thank you guys.finally i bought yesterday my new RS fork.i payed via bank transfer and i am waiting to see how many days my order will arrive.
  • they are a decent shop, plenty of helpful, friendly staff.
    me and my buddy ahve bought bikes from them in the past, they are well put together!
    needs some new parts for the bikes and they sent them free of charge, no quibbles!
    well reccommended
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    What a clever way to advertise your online shop, well done Bikescene.co.uk
  • Fanis
    ju5t1n wrote:
    What a clever way to advertise your online shop, well done Bikescene.co.uk

Hi ju5t1n
    believe me it's not an advertise.i am from athens not uk.finally i bought my fork from bikescene.as louis1985 said it is a decent shop, plenty of helpful, friendly staff
  • lugsey2k5
    lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
    im not sold sold on bike scene.
    given me wrong information on a few cocasions. often over priced. had some shoddy work done on my bike there too( bottom bracket facing had burs on and CK head set was missing a plastic seal letting in dirt)
    they do have some good staff there just a few are a little iffy in my opinion and experience
  • KT1973
    KT1973 Posts: 93
    P-Jay wrote:
    Have no fear, they're legit in fact too legit to quit!
    quote]

High 5's for that one
  • I bought a SC Chameleon from them in the summer of 2008, they where very very helpful plus they gave me a better deal than Stiff would... and Stiff import SC..(well.. there sister company does) in fact Bikescene got the frame from them and sold it cheaper to me.. makes you think about the mark up on bike stuff.. Highly recommend