D lock

mark1989
mark1989 Posts: 4
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
Just a quicky guys,

Do a fair bit of road riding on weekends so have 2 water bottles holders but as it's my commuter I have a D lock to keep it where I left it.

Anyone know where I can fit it on my bike.

Pics would be helpful.

Cheers all

Comments

• Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Hmm, sorta depends on the frame size.

Will it not mount on the underside of the top tube? (In such a fashion that you could get either the lock mounted, or a bottle in the vertical cage, but not both).

I've also seen them mounted on the rear stays, but I've never been able to get that working to my satisfaction.
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Mine's mounted on the seat tube pointing backwards towards the rear hub on the non-drive side (the bracket offsets it so it's not sticking straight into the wheel!). It only just fits though. By about a millimeter.

It depends on the dimensions for the frame and lock, and the type of mounting bracket. Just fiddle! If you're really stuck you could mount it on your seat post.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • Got a rack?

Bungee on top or Abus have a pack of three mounts to take a lock attaching to the side instead of a pannier (I only have one pannier per bike/trike... don't start that trhead again).

Abus also do a bracket for their newer locks which fits on the seat tube but allows the lock to be offset from the frame rather than inside it. A lot of frames have little room inside especially with bottle holders.
  • I use this:

http://www.fabrichorse.com/?page=utilitybelts&item=73

Surprisingly comfortable even with a full size D-lock!
    FCN 6 in the week on the shiny new single speed.

FCN 3 at the weekend - struggling to do it justice!