Government reply to email- Barnsfiedl Heath, Dorset

jerry3571
jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
edited December 2009 in Amateur race
Hello,
Just passing on this Email I got from the Government. It was about trying to get cheap racing at the Barnsfield Heath Circuit, Christchuch, Dorset. This closed road circuit has been endosed by Dan Lloyd (Team Cervelo) saying that it's the best closed road in the country.

Dear Mr Young

Thank you for your email of 16 November regarding Barnsfield Heath closed circuit. I was pleased to read about your endorsement of the track.

The Department for Culture, Media and Sport are working together with Sport England and national governing bodies – through the Whole Sport Plans – to create more opportunities for people to participate in sport, including cycling. As part of the Whole Sport Plan, Sport England has awarded British Cycling £24.3million in funding for 2009 to 2013. I think BCF charges of £15 a go is too much as it used to be £5-6 a pop in the past.
Gov' Email is below-

We are aware of course aware of the issues affecting road racing in the UK and we have had discussions with British Cycling as to how these can be addressed. The Department, along with the Home Office and the Department for Transport are setting up a working group with British Cycling to ensure a joined up Government approach to tackling the issues.

Yours sincerely

Ryan Cannon
Department for Culture, Media and Sport |2-4 Cockspur Street |London |SW1Y 5DH
* Ryan.Cannon@culture.gsi.gov.uk|; www.culture.gov.uk
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
-Jacques Anquetil