Shock - signs of sensible road policy in London.

2»

Comments

• Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    Asprilla wrote:
    Yup, speed doesn't kill, but inappropriate speed is frequently a contributing factor.
    Except of course that speed - appropriate or not - does kill, whether the driver was at fault or not. The faster the vehicle the greater the chance of any collision causing death.

Speed doesn't kill, hitting things does.

(the less successful Goldie Looking Chain follow-up single)
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Asprilla wrote:
    I'm in favour for better driver education and enforcement of regulation of knee jerk drops in speed limit.

Also, slightly OT, few things annoy me more than councils spending £10k on flashing speed limit signs that everyone ignores.
    How can you be in favour of better driver education and yet oppose flashing speed limit signs which are supposed to educate drivers to slow down rather than just issue a fine after the event?
    (Sorry A - saw and wanted to comment on this post first but only realised it was you and that I'd already just commented on one of your posts - nothing personal - honest guv...)

It's not the idea of having signs that annoys me, its the idea of having flashing signs that cost in excess of £10k that annoys me. I'd much prefer normal signs and more police who can use common sense to stop and educate drivers.

Whre I live the lights flash and everyone just ignores them.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX