2 Weeks and Counting....

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
No, not till Xmas, but since tearing my calf muscle, and being unable to cycle or take any exercise. Yes, I could swim or do something else, but my main stuff was cycle badminton, squash circuit training and a wee bit of running.

Therefore I have decided to have a "Winter Break". Been having Phsio and doing stretches, and getting there, but will be NewYear before I do anything.

The worst part is walking past my bike in the hall everyday and lovingly stroking the handlebars, occasionally turning a light or two on and pulling gently on the brakes.
It is murder. Even had to pick up my MTB fom the LBS after getting the brakes repaired, and unable to go out even for a wee spin to test it out. Poor thing is stuck out in the garage, but Tricross nice and warm in the hall, getting all my attention. I do hope the MTB forgives me....

Still, better now than in the spring or summer. But will have to get myself back up to speed in January and loose the "beer jacket" that I will gain before some serious exercise is possible.

Still, viewing and posting on here has kept up my interest, and has me chomping at the bit for some action.

On the plus side, have been not "needing" to get stuff from Wiggle, so my wallet is thankful.

Roll on 2010, getting back in the saddle, getting fitter (again) and getting involved in some SCR.
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    I know the feeling well. You have my sympathies - get well soon!
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    And I thought 2 weeks was bad :(
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Chin up. :) If it's any consolation, my legs felt knackered tonight. They're definitely in need of a rest over Christmas, so the break will probably do you good.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • solsurf
    solsurf Posts: 489
    hey not long now :) When you get back on it, it will feel better than ever :)
    Just remember to take it easy