David Millar to finish career at Garmin

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited December 2009 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Good for( the Blessed) David Millar.

Feel even sorrier for Garmin and JV as what little left of the story there is unfolds. David against the corporate Goliath.

If I was a pro cyclist, I know which team I would prefer. Money's nice, but it ain't everything, Bradley.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Well Dangermouse does have a vested interest in Garmin's stock being as high as possible as he has bought into the team.

At the end of the day, i don't think Wiggo's departure will harm Garmin that much. They will undoubtedly have made some money out of it, and they still have some good current riders to compete in all types of races, as well as some stars of the future.

They were a decent and interesting team before Brad's arrival on the scene this year, and they will continue to be without him.

Still, it will be a very interesting season in 2010 with a lot of good teams, with markedly different ethoses and cultures, competing against each other,
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    Thanks for linking that, Iain.
    I know that Millar gets some stick here, but I really like him. The interview iss, as always, clear & succinct. He really highlights the difference with Team Sky to the historic culture of cycling. It's sad but inevitable that there will be more & more teams like Sky joining the peleton.
    I have no issue with either Wiggins or Millar in this, but I infinitely prefer Millar's stance on the issue....