New pointless stunt

Surf-Matt
Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
edited December 2009 in Health, fitness & training
Finally cracked something I've been trying for ages.

Do a lot of upper body training so can do weird gymnastics type stuff (various handstand, "extreme" press ups, etc) but this one has eluded me - free standing handstand press ups.

Only managed three (mostly just two at a time) and it's still really hard to get the balance point but still managed it nonetheless.

Anyone else got any pointless physical feats they can do?

I'm still aching - did them two days ago!

Comments

• CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    No handed pressups just using my erection. Can manage 100 before blisters appear.
  • Surf-Matt
    Don't be silly now.
  • Well I have been training this stuff for a while now, mainly just to try and do something different.

So far I can do muscle ups (on a bar and on the rings), handstand press ups, front and back levers.

one thing I am still struggling to get is a full planche press up, I struggle with the balance i can lift slightly then either fall backwards to my feet or forwards towards my face lol

Thing is they are so hard to do, yet they are really great fun to do, makes you feel like a little kid all over again lol
    FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)
  • Surf-Matt
    Skippy - ever had it go wrong?

At a stag do a few months ago I thought it would be a great idea (after MANY beers) to do my "handstand trick" between two wooden planters at a pub in Bristol. You "hang" between two objects with legs horizontal out in front (in a sort of dip position) then rotate at the shoulders push your legs under and over then handstand (it's hard), hold it, wait for applause.

Fine the first time.

Then a few people missed it and demanded I do it again.

Worked fine, then I overbalanced, dropped about three feet head first onto a concrete floor and hit a metal bar stool and curled into a small, wounded ball.

I had almost severed my ear (blood everywhere) and gashed my hip on the bar stool - DOH DOH and DOH!!
  • I did the dip to a handstand trick for a mate for his photography on railings... most scary thing ever. wicked picture tho 8)

Only had it go wrong when trying to do it on rings, I am plagued with shoulder injuries and the handstand on rings is just a touch too much for me, the shoulder just pops out.....

Muscle ups, if it goes wrong you just look like a tit, not that big a problem as you cant hurt yourself. especially with a bar. on rings if you go too far you can fall through the front.... (I admit I have done that once - I nearly wet myself with laughter as i landed flat on my face lol)

Haven't really balls'd up too bad really over compensated a few times on the handstand or the occasional going down and not being able to get back up lol

Have you tried using gymnastic rings yet?

• Surf-Matt
    Not proper ones - but similar. Difficult by fun.

I have some evil press ups on YouTube (very poor vid though) that are a good test of strength. Shout if you want the link.

I also have a dodgy shoulder - dislocated my right one 30 times but physio'd it very hard - I think that's why I've ended up being able to do weird upper body stuff! My physio says I've almost 100% sorted it.
  • yeah I would like to see the video, have a look and you will see what the full planche press ups are, they are insanely difficult.

its always the hard stuff thats the most fun :D

• Surf-Matt
    Holy cr4p that is difficult! Something to practise.

Those muscle ups are fun (but hard)!

That "stunt" I mentioned is an L seat into a tuck plance into a handstand.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    I once broke three boards whilst in the air, Tae Kwon Do jumping kicks and punch.
    First time I ever completed it, and the cameraman lost the film!