I ran to work this morning

amaferanga
amaferanga Posts: 6,789
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
It was a strange experience. No one swore at me. No one tried to run me over. In fact motorists and pedestrians pretty much ignored me.

I can only conclude that it is not me that everyone hates, but my bike....
More problems but still living....

Comments

• andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    i had to run home from work the other day and had the same response, why do people hate my bike??

fair to say running is not as enjoyable as cycling so balls to them
  • I run home very occasionally too, and yes car drivers ignore you (mainly becuase i'm on the pavement) but pedestrians generally dont get out the way of a runner forcing you to run on the road a bit.

its also great to do silly commuter running racing. Trying to chase and scalp people who are running in lycra, or don't have bags etc....not that i'm competative :shock:
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    what sort of distances are you running this time of year? I've just signed up for a 1/2 in late March and need to get my running head back on. Funny, I'll happliy head out for my morning commute in cool thick fog but the idea of a run turns me off just at the mo.
  • mr_si wrote:
    what sort of distances are you running this time of year? I've just signed up for a 1/2 in late March and need to get my running head back on. Funny, I'll happliy head out for my morning commute in cool thick fog but the idea of a run turns me off just at the mo.

Running only a few miles at the moment, I think I have done too much cycling this year and pretty much no running so keep getting troubles with the side of my knees (think its my ITB's are tight) but aslong as you are doing 4-5 miles around now you will be fine for a 1/2 in march thats loads of time to build up
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • I've had a bit of flack on occasion. I'll run past someone who's got their headphones on, not paying attention etc. and get accused of "creeping up on" them...and shouted at if I laugh at that notion (I run like a sack of potatoes, so no, "creeping up" is pretty unlikely).

Not a running experience as such, but as a ped I did once get into an altercation with someone driving through a green ped light, that ended with getting something thrown at me (it drew blood).

Then there was the big ped on his mobile, who decided to turn round and wave at his mate down the street just as I was running past. Being accidentally thumped probably hurt me most, but he still seemed a bit p155ed at my cheek for being in the path of his arm.

Have to confess that when time/tiredness is no object, I tend to prefer running to cycling.