Austria mtb - anyone been?

Whytepeak
Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
edited December 2009 in Routes
Anyone been there?

Thinking of going to Austria, around the Westendorf area with some mates in august... and was wondering if anyone had been there before? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot :D .
Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1

Comments

• We live just around the corner (actually over one mountain) and use the same lift system that Westendorf is part of. We're based at our farm in Ellmau and run our Up and Downhill mountain biking holidays from here.

Check out http://www.upanddownhill.com

We have great trails out here and a bike park nearby. The best bit is we've recently announced our new group discounts. A group of 4 and one goes half price, whilst a group of six and one goes free!

If you have any further questions just shout..

cheers
    Keith
    www.upanddownhill.com
    Guided Austrian mountain bike holidays
  • Fully
    Fully Posts: 257
    I went to St Johann in 2005, i wasn't with a guiding company and could have done with it really as i struggled to find much singletrack. Also it rained for 10 out of the 14 days thta i was there :roll: .

Try these guys for guiding around the kitzbuhel area http://www.mountainedge.co.uk/
    Forget your heart, it's your bank i wanna break, it's just yer money i'm after baby...

A Few Pics
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    KeithH
    nice plug :lol:

I am going on said trip aswell

We are using http://www.bikeacademy.at
  • compo

Cheers :) hope you enjoy the Tyrol!

Make sure they take you down the Ehrenbach Trail, if you're into steep rooty descents and some rock gardens. Definitely not for beginners but great fun on the right sort of bike.
    Keith
    www.upanddownhill.com
  • Whytepeak
    Thanks a lot KeithH, website looks brilliant, I'll get back to you with some questions if I may...

Fully - yeah, rains all the time, thats the trip I'm thinking of (we might aswell be realistic)
    :lol:

Nice link, hills look a bit big :D - glad there is a lift...

compo Wha?
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Whytepeak
    thanks, sure ask away whenever, either mail me or chuck them out here
    Keith
    www.upanddownhill.com
  • Whytepeak
    KeithH wrote:
    Make sure they take you down the Ehrenbach Trail, if you're into steep rooty descents and some rock gardens. Definitely not for beginners but great fun on the right sort of bike.

That, I like the sound of :)

Strange, in your pics, the sun is out :lol:

Just joking - it looks brilliant.