What rear mud guard do you recommend?

adeg1000
adeg1000 Posts: 26
edited December 2009 in MTB general
After getting my new full sus bike, I have found that my old mud guard doesnt fit.

So what does everyone recommend?

Cheers

Comments

• solsurf
    solsurf Posts: 489
    Crud guard should do it.

Also Gore tex shorts are better than you'd think.
  • billysan
    billysan Posts: 575
    Having recently tried both a race guard and Topeak defender M2, I'd definately recommend the topeak. Far better coverage and better made.
  • +1 for the topeak defender!. J
    I love the sound my tyres make on dusty single track!
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    I'd go with a new raceguard for the following reasons. Topeak is marginally longer than the Raceguard but is actually narrower in places than a Raceguard. It's cheaper and lighter than the Topeak which has an extra pivot point to go wrong (slacken off and slump) long term. I've used both (old one was a Topeak, current one is Raceguard) and I've used a cheap no-name £4 all-in-one no pivot point design which gave them both a run for their money in the not moving about stakes. But overall I'd go with the RG, but either would be better than nothing. ;)
  • bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    if you have V-brake studs than I'd go for the decathlon one which bolts to them and is rock solid. Most FS bikes these days don't have them though so that's an unlikely option.

Otherwise The old toppeak was pants. Dunno about the new one, hopefully it no longer uses a strap. I have the current raceguard and it's been good so far. not moved from where I put it and has kept my arse clean enough to drive the car home without annoying the wife
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • I have a bike that has V brake studs. Would the Decathlon mudguard fit on them with no brakes fitted? I have got disc brakes fitted instead.
    Its not what bike you have, its how you ride it that matters. Get out there!