Armstrong : I won't be the leader in 2010

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited December 2009 in Pro race
He's talking up Levi and Klodi.

Because they're both young, up and coming cyclists, not proven guys in their twilight years.

I know he's just talking a good game.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• :lol:
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • I thought the link might make sense in the latest AC thread, since we are all about playing things down.
    I believe him. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • zacha
    zacha Posts: 4
    "Alberto is the team leader" -- LA 2008
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,664
    I ll put that in the same file I keep "it's not me it's you," "we ll keep your CV on file" and "I promise I won't cum in your mouth"
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,869
    neither Levi or Klodi are ever going to win a grand tour

haven't got what it takes
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Ratkilla
    Ratkilla Posts: 230
    Don't p1ss in my face and tell me it's raining. :x
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    LA must think we're foolish, about as credible as the salesman at Garmin who with nyvelocity support promotes a brand...

Team shack is LA through and through...sill, we should be grateful...LA has brought a new sponsor and new employment in the sport even if for selfish goals...Astana stay, new vacancies created... while some sneer here, yu can bet your bottom dollar the effects of an additional sponsored team trickle down...more vacancies in other teams
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    [/i]He would say that wouldn't he"
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Dave_1 wrote:
    LA must think we're foolish, about as credible as the salesman at Garmin who with nyvelocity support promotes a brand...

Team shack is LA through and through...sill, we should be grateful...LA has brought a new sponsor and new employment in the sport even if for selfish goals...Astana stay, new vacancies created... while some sneer here, yu can bet your bottom dollar the effects of an additional sponsored team trickle down...more vacancies in other teams

"......selfish goals.."????? Isn't that generally what life is about? I go to work everyday because I want more money and a better life for my family and myself. Very selfish,
    if you take the word literally. As for bike racing teams, well, one would assume that their goals are pretty selfish also. Win races, become better known, make more money??? What team doesn't want that?
    Come to think of it Biking Bernie and myself could probably have a really knock down, drag out fight over Ayn Rand's theory's in her essay's titled "The Virtue of Selfishness".
  • if you think about it armstrong will probably only be team leader for three weeks of the season that is the tour, so in effect levi and klodi will probably send more time as team leader but yeah this team is just so he can go at the tour 100% just a shame he will get dropped like a sack of spuds up the tormalet by berti and schleck
  • zacha
    zacha Posts: 4
    if you think about it armstrong will probably only be team leader for three weeks of the season that is the tour, so in effect levi and klodi will probably send more time as team leader but yeah this team is just so he can go at the tour 100% just a shame he will get dropped like a sack of spuds up the tormalet by berti and schleck

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Haven't you heard? The Shack has quietly dropped internal drug testing. My prediction for Le Tour: 1)LA 2)LL 3)AC 4)AS 5)AK and probably top 10 for YP.
  • The shack dropping internal dope testing...why does that surprise anyone anymore? Its Armstrong we're talking about...wouldnt be a first now would it