13038_186195638740_515338740_3014366_197515_n.jpg

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Reg Harris, Obviously
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • So what is it like to ride 380km a week, every week of the year?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    Reg Harris, Obviously

:lol:
    Your reply went from Reg Harris?
    to
    Reg Harris, Obviously
  • redddraggon
    Percy Vera wrote:
    Reg Harris, Obviously

:lol:
    Your reply went from Reg Harris?
    to
    Reg Harris, Obviously

Well I thought it was Reg Harris, and posted before I confirmed it :wink:
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • So what is it like to ride 380km a week, every week of the year?

I make it 346... But if you've any experience of Bhima's training threads, take it with a mine of salt.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Yep I was taking the figure of 20k which would be where he will be at year end if he continues at same rate. Never heard 'mine of salt' before...it took me a few seconds to figure that one out!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Yep I was taking the figure of 20k which would be where he will be at year end if he continues at same rate. Never heard 'mine of salt' before...it took me a few seconds to figure that one out!

I was going on the figure he's achieved divided by the 50 weeks of the year we've had so far. He's never making that 20,000km. I count myself as a good trainer and I was chuffed to make 12,000 km last year, trainign and racing!

As for the salt, the usual phrase would be a "pinch", I was merely expressing an increase in the quantity of salt required to swallow some of his claims.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • I know about pinch of salt and what it means, just never heard a mine...but it makes sense!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • redddraggon
    Well this thread should be about how great a rider Reg Harris was, rather than Bhima's fantastical claims.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    So you'll know how proud I was to win the "Reg Harris Trophy" this year. it has pride of place in the living room :)
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Nice sculpture of him - Reg - not Bhima at the Manc Velodrome.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,230
    Yep I was taking the figure of 20k which would be where he will be at year end if he continues at same rate. Never heard 'mine of salt' before...it took me a few seconds to figure that one out!

I was going on the figure he's achieved divided by the 50 weeks of the year we've had so far. He's never making that 20,000km. I count myself as a good trainer and I was chuffed to make 12,000 km last year, trainign and racing!

As for the salt, the usual phrase would be a "pinch", I was merely expressing an increase in the quantity of salt required to swallow some of his claims.

I thought we'd had 49 weeks - New Year's Day is in 3 weeks! :wink:

True British legend but doing a good impression of Quasimodo :shock:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    The leg :shock:

dtalbot2-800.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • itchieritchie
    itchieritchie Posts: 332
    That is awesome leg, right there. It is not often I appreciate a man's thigh.
  • Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    cougie wrote:
    Nice sculpture of him - Reg - not Bhima at the Manc Velodrome.
    i wondered who it was! thanks :):D

on a side note Bhima is probs having his statue made to go into the manchester veledrome as we speak!
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Sheptastic
    Sheptastic Posts: 298
    That is awesome leg, right there. It is not often I appreciate a man's thigh.

I dream of having thighs like that. PED sandwiches for lunch. :wink:

(i'm not actually going to do that, just incase bikingbernie accuses me of being a drugs cheat 8) )