RPCC Ride - 12th / 13th Dec

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
Is anyone still making it along to these rides?! Hopefully we'll all be back to it on a regular basis pretty soon...

As for this coming weekend, once again I'm racing at Hillingdon along with Myk-ee, and quite possibly accompanied by Phips, Art Vandelay, Felgen, Mal-inger(?), RedGreenBaron(?) and others.

Is anyone going to brave the cold? Go on, keep the RPCC camp fires burning eh?! :shock:

So, for those of you heading out, here's the usual meet & ride plan:
    :arrow: 9am start on Saturday is most likely,
although keep an eye out as different start times seem to be happening now and Sunday might be favoured by some
:arrow: Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, south side (on the left as you come up Sawyer's Hill / on the right if you come through Richmond Gate), by the little white building
:arrow: 80-120k @ 24-28kph / 50-75 miles @ 15-18mph usually, but nobody gets dropped (unless a 'hoonfest' is on the cards - see note * below) :arrow: Boxhill is almost definite (as is a short tea / cake / toilet / bottle refill stop at the top - usually around 15-30mins)
I say it every week, but it remains true so I won't stop: As ever we'd like to emphasise that new faces are more than welcome and actively encouraged, and that applies to lurkers / long-time 'thread watchers' / any who haven't been able to make it along previously / those who don't want to commit on here but might feel like turning up on the day - please do join us if you want to! 8)

It would also be good to see some of the faces we have seen over the past months re-appear too - not sure where they've all gone or if they've stopped watching these threads due to the emergence of the hoonfest, but hopefully some of you might venture out again this weekend, if not sometime soon...? :?

A collection point at Hampton Court can be arranged as that tends to be the route out. Please let us know if you need to take this option - it's usually just a fly-by quick hello and on the move again so if you plan to use this option we need to know, and please be on time (although there can sometimes be delays getting moving at Richmond Park so there is the potential for us to be a little late coming through). Collection time there is likely to be around 20-30mins after the agreed RP start time so again, keep an eye out.

So, who is about this weekend? :shock: 8)

Comments

• NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    All my cycle motivation has left me. Hope to get the mojo back soon so hopefully will be able to come along again in 2010
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    I shall be arriving back in London town this coming monday....looking forward to a ride next weekend....anyone around then??? Prepare yourselves! :wink: :twisted:
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • Rich-Ti
    voxegam wrote:
    I shall be arriving back in London town this coming monday....looking forward to a ride next weekend....anyone around then??? Prepare yourselves! :wink: :twisted:
    Not gonna inflict that Trek on us are you?... :roll: :wink:

Enter next Sat's Hillingdon race - no hiding, show us what you got :twisted:

We'll ride next Sunday 8)
  • voxegam
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Not gonna inflict that Trek on us are you?... :roll: :wink:

Enter next Sat's Hillingdon race - no hiding, show us what you got :twisted:

We'll ride next Sunday 8)

Nah, will be bringing the winter bike (planet-x).....you do not deserve the pleasure of seeing my Trek with talk like that Mr. Gearing!
    I think I'll skip the race to be honest, don't fancy putting myself at any risk at the moment.....just trying to get some good solid winter training in at the mo. Definitely up for a sunday ride though!
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • i'm around and riding but just not been convenient recently - also bike is in bits atm so not this weekend but prolly next...
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • Rich-Ti
    voxegam wrote:
    I think I'll skip the race to be honest, don't fancy putting myself at any risk at the moment...
    Wuss :wink:
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    voxegam wrote:
    I think I'll skip the race to be honest, don't fancy putting myself at any risk at the moment...
    Wuss :wink:
    +1
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • tomb8555
    tomb8555 Posts: 229
    Racing on sat (Rich-Ti, I said hi to you last sat), but keen on a ride on sunday if anyone fancies it?

Tom
  • Rich-Ti
    tomb8555 wrote:
    Racing on sat (Rich-Ti, I said hi to you last sat), but keen on a ride on sunday if anyone fancies it?

Tom
    Hey Tom, nice one for introducing yourself last week - see you there again this Sat! 8)

Sunday is a distinct possibility so keep an eye on here :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FHKJ
    FHKJ Posts: 151
    Sunday morning early would be good?
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    I'm up for a nice chilly ride Saturday morning. Seems like an age since I've been on the bike due to holidays and otherwise busy weekends so would be good to stretch the legs and clear the lungs.

Anyone else around?
  • Hey - I am potentially up for a ride tomorrow morn. Can't stay out too long though. Will have a better idea later today.
  • next weekend - defo.
    have fun y'all :D
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • FHKJ
    Those park riding tomorrow/this weekend, be warned, the roundabout at Richmond Gate is VERY SLIPPY! My sore shoulder, hip, wrists, ego and rear derailleur are living proof of the slippiness!

FJ
  • ow. i've come off there before. was a car didnt see me tho. was actually worth it for the look of abject terror on the drivers face when she got out of the car having heard a clunk to see a cyclist sprawled on the tarmac :lol:
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    Anyone confirming for tomorrow morniing (9am) otherwise I'll just head out on a random ride on my own?
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    tomorrow is a no-no for me. No road bike at the moment and a need to do the christmas shopping mean that I can only do a couple of early laps at RP with my comuter...
  • sorry Tyksie - I'm not going to make it. Hope you still able to get out.
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Now then chaps, would anyone be up for a pre-Christmas jaunt (weather dependent) on Sunday? I've got a free pass.

Mulled wine and minced pies compulsory...
  • voxegam
    I'm definitely up for something this sunday.....would be good to see lots out.
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • Rich-Ti
    Yup, already been being discussed in the background - should be a few of us out 8)
  • FHKJ
    Bruising improving, and I'm determined to join a ride this year, even if I am slow as slow... Plus I have a FTP test Sat, so I'll be there...
  • gbs
    gbs Posts: 450
    I might be able to re-organise so as to have an uncommitted Sunday so I am a "maybe".

PS: should we not start a new thread 19/20 Dec?
    vintage newbie, spinning away
  • Rich-Ti
    gbs wrote:
    PS: should we not start a new thread 19/20 Dec?
    I will, just havin' me dinner :wink::lol:
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Excellent stuff. Although with highs of -2 forecast for later this week, we might have to resort to the cling film and lard :wink:

[/i]
  • i'm in :D
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    London-Red wrote:
    Excellent stuff....we might have to resort to the cling film and lard :wink:

[/i]
    That will get Rich all excited!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • voxegam
    felgen wrote:
    London-Red wrote:
    Excellent stuff....we might have to resort to the cling film and lard :wink:

[/i]
    That will get Rich all excited!

Top joke felgen....cheered me right up :lol:
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro