Contador : I might not be able to win the 2010 TdF

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited December 2009 in Pro race
Interview here
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    So how does this work then ? according to him he had no team support this year and he wins, next year he will have team support even if it is weak and he says he will struggle to win ............go figure eh !
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Does that mean the new astana may not be able to hide the drugs as well and he might have to ride clean?

Like wise he might not ride in Italy as they are now better at banning people but a ride in Spain at the end of the season is still a safe bet!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Moray Gub wrote:
    So how does this work then ? according to him he had no team support this year and he wins, next year he will have team support even if it is weak and he says he will struggle to win ............go figure eh !

Well, obviously, like Armstrong he's just trying to wind you up MG.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    VerwoodAsh wrote:
    Does that mean the new astana may not be able to hide the drugs as well and he might have to ride clean?

Like wise he might not ride in Italy as they are now better at banning people but a ride in Spain at the end of the season is still a safe bet!

Since September if you are caught with drugs in Spain you could go to jail for up to 2 years.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • He's obviously much more impressed with Hospice Shack's medical research programme, than he is with his own team's bargain basement: "Buy one, get two year's free." 2007 approach. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Speaking as an AC fanboy, he should stop complaining -- Vino and Pereiro are wonderful teammates.

In fact, the whole Astana organization is top notch.

:oops:
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    No big deal here. He said his chances of winning the TDF are "limited". Sounds like a reasonable statement to me. I'd say that anyone's chances of winning the tour are "limited".
    Of course, the people who read DOPING into everything anyone says will no doubt chime in(as a few of them already have) that this is what he's talking about. Mountains from molehills.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I used to think Contador doped but since I read more about him and a known about his aneurism and the medications he needs to take I am not so sure he even does any sort of EPO, CERA or similar as he is risking his life big time. Not saying he doesn’t do it, but I very much doubt it.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    Sounds like a reasonable interview to me too. He could act like a boxer before a big fight, stick his chest out and say he is going to trash everyone in next years tour. Nothing to be gained from that at this stage.
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    I think he'll still blow everyone away, Astana or no Astana. From what I can see 2010's route is tailor made for him and he coud probably do it with little or no support. I'm not an AC fanboy or anything, I jsut saw how he rode this year and he can only get better.

Of course there are other names in the frame but bar injury I can't see him losing to anyone.
  • At least he's modest.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Armstrong reckons AC could be the best we've ever seen. If he is that good he would win team or no team.

Loving LA's diplomacy in the interview on Sky sports news, he's one of the good guys.
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Armstrong reckons AC could be the best we've ever seen. If he is that good he would win team or no team.

Loving LA's diplomacy in the interview on Sky sports news, he's one of the good guys.

Yeah, he's a one eh?

Personally I quite enjoy all the mind games. Makes it more interesting.
  • Not to be outdone by young Berto's downplaying, our aging warrior makes the same "commitment", as last season:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 403844.stm
    Yer right. Any takers? :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.