Insurance ?

stevietomaz
stevietomaz Posts: 5
edited December 2009 in MTB general
Its a crappy subject but its about time i did it before some skip-rat nicks my bike and im left with nothing.

Im a virgin at bike insurance and have looked at a few websites and they seem a bit pricey . Is there any half decent companies out there that you guy use and could recommened to me.

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Mines a named item on the house insurance £6 a month for £2.5k of cover.Marks and Spenser Home insurance covers bikes up to £4k for no extra cost.
  • MrChrisP
    MrChrisP Posts: 321
    Yeah get it added to your home insurance. Just make sure that they will cover it if it's stolen when locked up outside of the house as well.
    Kona Stinky Six
    Kona Scrap
    Scott YZ4
  • Thats my kind of insurance mate cheers nice one
  • Deffo have a look at the house insurance.

I did some haggling with the AA and got my contents for £45 for the year which included my bike as a seperate £1800 item
  • More than will cover named bikes up to 5k on house insurance.

Catch is 5k only - so 3 bikes worth upto 5k or one 5k bike. The price for comparison for a £3100 lapierre spicy was £110 against one of the 'dedicated' cycle insurers who were asking over £330 (without competition insurance or anything fancy like that).

As it was - my house insurance actually came down even with the bik on - result!

Have to keep the bike in the house however - they wouldnt insure it in the shed even with top end locks and a substantial ground anchor!