Cairngorm 100

amaferanga
amaferanga Posts: 6,789
Can hardly believe there are only 20 entrants as of 5 minutes ago!

From the profile this event looks superb. Am I the only one who loves the idea of a 'mountain top' finish?

cairngorm100-Elevation.jpg
More problems but still living....

Comments

• Had to actively seek out the opening time for the hands-on event entries so not entirely surprised to see the Cairngorm one lacking in entries. With the exception of the Bealach events there's generally enough capacity to make a decision a couple of weeks out on whether to enter.

Have no problem with the climb to the finish; it's the descent start that needs a rethink in my book.
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • amaferanga
    I just got an email telling me the entries are open so I guess those on the mailing list should know now. I figured this one would fill up quite quickly as folk turn away from the Bealach events.

I agree that the start isn't ideal, but hopefully folk will be sensible and not push too hard.
  • where do we enter and when is it?
    Training for the Cycle to Spain and the Quebrantahuesos
    www.seeyouinspain.co.uk
  • ded
    ded Posts: 120
    I agree that the start isn't ideal, but hopefully folk will be sensible and not push too hard.
    It wasn't the people that were the problem, it was the weather in combination with a downhill start. It was raining (hard) when I started and by the time I was at the bottom of the hill again I was freezing. Would be better to start at the bottom (maybe with a tent you can throw spare clothes in, leaving the cars at the top) and still have the "mountain-top finish".

Having said all that, I enjoyed last years... :D

And that profile makes it look like the Marmotte. And it isn't!
  • amaferanga
    where do we enter and when is it?

here