I just bought a new frame

fcumok
fcumok Posts: 283
edited December 2009 in MTB general
An on one summer season. Always fancied one. Just need to get it through the house and hide it from the wife when it arrives :lol:

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    As long as it's a simlar colour to another bike you own, you might get away with it!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • fcumok
    It's the Orange one :shock: Don't think I can hide it between the others too easily :lol:
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Oh dear.....splatter some dirt on it, claim you found it in a skip! :D
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Tell her you leant your bike up against a spray tanning salon, and there was a leak.
    Or, you've been Thango'd...or even over indulged in Jaffa cakes and got the runs...
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Just say Darling I know a bloke who has offered to respray my old frame for £20. Do you think I should get it done or spend £200 on a new frame
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • bails87 wrote:
    As long as it's a simlar colour to another bike you own, you might get away with it!

haha as if......even if i buy some new rotor bolts, the mrs seems to know, don;t ask me how cos she knows nothing about bikes, but she knows!!
  • bregante
    bregante Posts: 271
    fcumok wrote:
    Just need to get it through the house and hide it from the wife when it arrives :lol:

The last three bikes I have had have been black, for exactly this reason. (currently crapping it though cos it's my works xmas do on Friday and my colleagues - I won't call them mates- are threatening to reveal the truth to Mrs B :shock: )
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Put it on a plinth/hang up and call it a sculpture, it's not you fault you other half lacks culture :D
    if she questions this mutter something about philistine then conceed to using it as a bike to keep her happy :roll:
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    It's sad that people can't just be honest with their other halves, what basis for a relationship is that? On the other hand, tell her it's a mate's and he had it spare in the attic so you've got it on a loan :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • fcumok
    It's gonna be a while before I can build it up Think i'll just hide it at work for a bit :D
  • bregante
    bregante Posts: 271
    fcumok wrote:
    It's gonna be a while before I can build it up Think i'll just hide it at work for a bit :D

why didn't you say so? it's easy then.

"Find it" while walking the dog. take it to the nick like a responsible citizen and then "lay claim" to it in 28 days.

Job done.

Disclaimer: Don't actually take it to the Police Station. Accusations of Wasting Police time are likely to follow.... Just say that's what you're doing.