What's the best time of year to sell bike bits?

Northwind
Northwind Posts: 14,675
edited December 2009 in MTB general
Just thinking about this... Probably right now is the worst, people are short of cash and loads of people are trying to raise money, and the weather's honking. Late in the year, more sales are on so you're competing with new kit... But then in spring you're probably competing with New Bike Fever which means lots of old bikes for sale...

Oh, it's a full suss frame (idrive) and decent forks (08 spec u-turn revs with poploc) so decent items.
Uncompromising extremist

Comments

• deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    Ive got a bolt load of stuff to sell on Fleabay, all different stuff too, Football gear, golf gear, bike stuff & designer clothing.

Im gonna leave it untill at least February before I load it on though
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    every day... if the price is good the items will sell.
  • weeksy59 wrote:
    every day... if the price is good the items will sell.

+1

I'm always scouring the classifieds in search of good kit at decent prices!
  • If you've got it to sell now then sell it now, because in 23 days it will miraculously age a year. A 2009 model which could now be sold as "this years model" will become "last years model" and so on,people will devalue it because we're all a bit stupid like that!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    I've become a bit of an eBay fiend recently. Spring seems to have the most expensive prices, especially DH stuff.

Right now bits are cheep, but everthing is in December unless it could be given as a gift.

Side note, at the moment I'm buying cheap as chips motorbike kit, insane bargains on the bay this week. I've no clue my size in bike kit (they come in really odd sizes) the stuff that fits I'll keep. The rest I'll shift on in spring. But motorbkers are even more seasonal than mtbers.
  • Northwind
    Is this in the for sale section atm?
  • Sell as soon as possible as items are only getting older, bike items always sell pending they are priced right.
    So Far!
  • pte1643
    pte1643 Posts: 518
    P-Jay wrote:
    But motorbkers are even more seasonal than mtbers.

Corr... Not many.

Mine only comes out in July.

And that's only after I've had a written and signed guarantee from the Met Office, that it's not going to rain for 3 weeks either side. :lol:
  • Northwind
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Northwind
    Is this in the for sale section atm?

The bits? No. Maybe soon... I may be about to buy an old Heckler, in my endless, pointless quest to get a bike I like as much as a 5 Pro or Zesty 514, without spending £2500 quid or buying a Pitch :lol:

Thanks for the input guys... Guess I should get it split up and photographed sooner or later. Though, I'm kind of hoping to sell the Idrive for a profit so maybe I shouldn't put it back up here :lol: "You only paid £150 for that you cheeky ****"
    Uncompromising extremist
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    pte1643 wrote:
    P-Jay wrote:
    But motorbkers are even more seasonal than mtbers.

Corr... Not many.

Mine only comes out in July.

And that's only after I've had a written and signed guarantee from the Met Office, that it's not going to rain for 3 weeks either side. :lol:

I know what you mean! Did my DAS in late May, or very lovely until it rained! Never been so cold and miserable in my whole life! I 'quit' when we got back and it took 2 sweet black teas and a warm bath before I could be convinced to go back the next day.

Rode in Oct this year, but the first slide on wet leaves was enough to tell my Sports bikes are a summer thing.

Oddly I LOVE riding MTB in the rain! No fan of deep mud, but there's something cool about riding when it's pouring.
  • Northwind
    You big girls, my motorbike gets used almost every day all year, the only exception is in snow because frankly that's stupid on street tyres. Bit of cold or rain isn't going to kill you, and it makes you a better rider. Unless you're killed of course :lol:

Course, all the paint will fall off unless it's a Honda, but that's OK, that's weight reduction!
    Uncompromising extremist