W181XBM - Skoda Octavia Estate, dark blue

2»

Comments

• downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    number9 wrote:
    Funny, but shocking at the same time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jclIjO_6 ... re=related

Bentmikey (who sometimes comes on here) recorded that. He's a good lad and never deserved aggro like that (does anyone infact). I hear the driver is seen daily in the area by others and never wears a seatbelt and is often driving dangerously and over the speed limit. Most Scooby drivers think he's a pleb.
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    Thanks! I've seen him twice since the incident, neither time did he know it was me.
  • BentMikey wrote:
    Thanks! I've seen him twice since the incident, neither time did he know it was me.
    Have you managed to find a potato large enough to plug that exhaust yet? :lol:
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    AndyManc wrote:
    If the police receive a number of complaints about one vehicle then they will be forced to act.
    How? Why? By Whom? Its unlikely each report would be collated into something sufficient to prod them into action, even then what action do you propose they take exaclty that fits within the UK statuts?

Simon

Do your homework .

Section 59 Police Reform Act 2002 states that -

Where an officer has reasonable grounds for believing that a motor vehicle is being used in a manner which contravenes Road Traffic Act Section 3 (Careless Driving) OR Section 34 (Driving elsewhere than on a road) AND also the manner of use of the vehicle is causing or has been causing or is likely to cause, alarm distress or annoyance to members of the public, Section 59 can be used to:-
    initially give a written warning (valid for twelve months)
    (commonly called a Section 59 Notice)
    and on a subsequent occasion to seize the vehicle.
    (it will probably end up in the crusher, or may be ransomed back to the owner)
    A constable in uniform has the power to order the person driving to stop the vehicle, to seize and remove the vehicle, to enter any premises on which the officer has reasonable grounds for believing the motor vehicle to be and to use reasonable force. Seizure can made only if a warning has been given, or believed to have been given, or if a warning is clearly being ignored.

I've been reliably informed that " reasonable grounds for believing " can be gathered from independent reports from members of the public acting as individuals WITHOUT the necessity for an additional witness.

Section 59 is regularly invoked and is working.

Another thread where 'cyclists' spend more time thinking up excuses not to take positive action to take a stand against the psychopathic scum on the roads.

It's like re-hab for Daily Mail readers.

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • AndyManc wrote:
    Another thread where 'cyclists' spend more time thinking up excuses not to take positive action to take a stand against the psychopathic scum on the roads.
    +1

It's interested how few people join in these argumentative threads and it is the same people effectively arguing over points and missing the wood for the trees. It puts off people from the forum (IMHO) :roll:

I've said many times, that if people directed their energy that they put into posting on this forum onto campaigning things (if only small things) could be achieved.

Here's some pointers (which shows that a lot of things are going on out there) :lol:

Any cyclists who cycle on the South Bank in London, how about feeding back to the following survey, where the concil are looking to ban cyclists on some routes:
    www.southbankpartnership.org/cycling

Kingston have recently introduced a one way cycle contraflow which has made my commute significantly safer (was a pleasant surprise when I saw it for the first time yesterday 8) ) and the cycle to school for a lot of kids much safer. However, its under threat and councillors are campaigning to remove it. Opportunity to show support to retain it:
    http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dgdcq2 ... 7&hl=en_GB

CTC have a raft of campaigns you can input into:
    Cycling: a local transport solution - opportunity to comment on local authority transport plans outside London
    Right to Ride to School - Campaigning kit if you want to encourage your child's school to allow cycling
    English Coastal Access - Closing date has closed, but interesting campaign

LCC have London based campaigns:
    Save Met Police Lorry Safety division- contact your assembly member to raise concerns
    Lobby Boroughs to prioritise cycling in Transport Strategies - Help get your council to put cycling up there when setting transport agenda
    Eliminate London's Lorry Danger - pointers on how you can do your bit

There is a lot said here about LCC and CTC not doing enough or doing the right thing. They are, however, mostly volunteer run and so if you don't like it, get involved with your local group. Much more effective than ranting on here.