Poll: who rides and drives

2»

Comments

• Coriander wrote:
    I wonder am I one of the very few on here with just 1 bike. No cars, can't drive - never learned.

No, I have only one bike and no car.

But I think we're in the minority. :shock:

I'm the same (apart from being able to drive...).
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,210
    2 bikes, one car, although have usually had more than one car until quite recently. Cars and bikes are not at all incompatible - except where you are trying to fit both into the garage :) At the moment bikes win because it's easier to get plenty use out of them.

I'd do more driving for fun but decided to take a break after losing an argument with the armco at Brands Hatch a little while back :cry: I'll go back to it - a good fast car is very addictive in the right place :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I have one car which gets used for the odd shopping trip and longer trips trains to see family don't work out well ie either time or money.

but the car while it clocks up a higher milage than the bikes doesn't get used often, weeks can go by. where as the commute bike at least gets used every work day and some days i'm off as well.

for me the car is mostly a long distance thing where as the bike will do almost all the about town/local stuff.
  • option 3

3 bikes - 2 used regualrly, 1 car that Mrs SBIB commutes with and I get driven about in when we're off together and shopping or going out - I've driven about 300 miles of the 7500 that have gone onto it since we got it in April and most of that was a work trip.

theres also no poll option for walking. I only live 15 mi nutes walk from my local town centre and often stroll into town.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    4 Bikes
    0 Cars

I do own a secure parking space though. Tempted to rent it out, but then I can't really have visitors from Yokel land.