Babygirl arrived - Specialized Vita Elite 2010

2»

Comments

• Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Hurrah! Lookin' good! :)

Yes, the rack should be level, but the rear fork is too low for the bits that need to attach to it to do so with the rack level. Did that make any sense?

An alternative would be a seatpost rack mount. If I could find one online I'd totally link to it. Basically it's a clampy thing that goes around the seatpost and has bolts on it for the two bits of rack that attach to the fork.

Hmm, I didn't realise they actually made them. I've always improvised them in the past.
  • alfablue wrote:
    Hurrah! Lookin' good! :)

Yes, the rack should be level, but the rear fork is too low for the bits that need to attach to it to do so with the rack level. Did that make any sense?

An alternative would be a seatpost rack mount. If I could find one online I'd totally link to it. Basically it's a clampy thing that goes around the seatpost and has bolts on it for the two bits of rack that attach to the fork.
    One of these?
    mpart%20spt102.jpg

That's the puppy! You win at google. :D
  • Aidy
    Oh, one of those?

That's a seatpost clamp though, it wouldn't be much higher than the mounts are now.
    Thought you were talking about something which clamped to the seatpost itself.

Dunno if I've got a picture of the entirely bodged one I made out of an old lock mount, I'll have a hunt around...
  • Aidy wrote:
    Oh, one of those?

That's a seatpost clamp though, it wouldn't be much higher than the mounts are now.
    Thought you were talking about something which clamped to the seatpost itself.

Dunno if I've got a picture of the entirely bodged one I made out of an old lock mount, I'll have a hunt around...

Ummmm, I used one of those and a makeshift shim, and it's clamped halfway up the seatpost...
  • Aidy
    Ummmm, I used one of those and a makeshift shim, and it's clamped halfway up the seatpost...

Ah :)

Best picture I can find of my attempt:

rackclamp.jpg
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    How about LiT and Aidy come round to mine and sort out my rack? I'd provide food and drink :wink:
  • Aidy
    Cafewanda wrote:
    How about LiT and Aidy come round to mine and sort out my rack? I'd provide food and drink :wink:

Wow, you're forward!

<runs>
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    Two options for keeping your rack level:

You can get racks with adjustable "legs" - the bit that attaches at the bottom near the axle.
    Otherwise you just need longer "adapter bits" that attach to the seat stays.

Sorry for the overly technical explanation there ;-)
    Misguided Idealist
  • Cafewanda
    :oops: :shock: :lol: Aidy That is NOT what I meant :lol::lol:
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    Nice bike! 8)
  • Cafewanda
    Been on yours yet? Is 'Harry' his official name? :)
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    Yep, took him out for a spin this morning, such a wonderful bike, really smooth, responsive, quick and efficent. Just waiting for the weather to improve so I can really test him...and myself 8)
  • navt
    navt Posts: 374
    Cafewanda wrote:
    I think I've managed to get a pic of Babygirl in here.

4203741651_e2326d3ea9_m.jpg

She's rocking 3 rear red lights, one white front light - soon to be two and my spokelit lights. I'm aiming to get two more spoke lights shortly.

Nice rack! :D
  • Cafewanda
    Don't you start! :D
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    biondino wrote:
    Should the rack not be level?
    Yes it should.

Sit up straight girl, stop slouching, shoulders back !

There, that's sorted it..... :wink:

<runs for cover....>
    Misguided Idealist
  • Cafewanda
    Now that I'm home I've had a look at the rack and the Wiggle thingy posted above. I think that will work rather than extenders but I'll think on it some more before I make a final decision.

I had thought about selling the Trek but have decided to keep him, so I put lights on him and will use him tomorrow. Don't want Babygirl to catch a cold at this time of year :roll: :):D