westminster bike "police"

12346»

Comments

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Not sure what that British Waterways presentation has to do with this thread as its not related to Westminster or pavements

i'm also not sure what presentation was prepared for.
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • (clipped the quotes as they were getting misaligned)
    Eau Rouge wrote:
    As I understand it (and Spen will be along to correct me :) ) no, it's doesn't mean that pedestrians have to keep to the other side. Peds are given almost free reign to wander where they want, even on the road. It becomes hard to write a sensible law that works on country lanes and in cities and shared-use paths without going down the jay-walking line that isn't ever going to be policeable.
    I would see it as the equivalent of the mandatory cycle lane on a road - cars are not supposed to be in the cycle lane, but there is nothing to stop cycles using the main part of the road - a selective barrier. I would be annoyed if a motorist berated me for using the road and not the cycle lane, so by analogy I would never get annoyed with a pedestrian using any part of a shared path (as long as they did not intentionally and maliciously block me).
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    a cycling buddy of mine is in the Met. apprently there is a new police unit that will do stuff like advise riders on securing their bikes and enhancing safety which means issuing more Fixed Penalty Notices for those who jump red lights.

Haven't asked him about cycling on the pavement yet but i will do.
    FCN = 4