Winter steed.

4397443207_7d51d4bc58_b.jpg

Frame: Van Nicholas YUKON.
Forks: Van Nicholas AX Carbon 1-1/8".
Bars: 3TTT Biomorph Carbon..
Stem: Ritchey 4 Axis Stem 120mm.
Headset: FSA.
Bar Tape: Fizik Microtex (white).

Front Brake Lever: Shimano Ultegra 6700.
Front Caliper: Shimano 650R Deep Drop.
Rear Brake Lever: Shimano Ultegra 6700.
Rear Caliper: Shimano 650R Deep Drop.

Shifters: Shimano Ultegra 6700.
Cables: Shimano.
Front Mech: Shimano Ultegra 6700.
Rear Mech: Shimano Ultegra 6700.

Seat: Specialized Phenom (147mm).
Seat Post: VNT - aluminium.
Seat Post Clamp: VNT.

Cranks: Shimano Dura Ace 7900.
Chainring(s): Shimano Dura Ace 7900. (34/50).
Chain: KMC.
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 12/27.
Pedals: Shimano 105 SPD-SL.
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Ultegra 6700.

Front Wheel: IRD Cadence Aero x Novatech 24h hub. (Decals removed).
Tyre: Continental Grand Prix 4 Season.
Back Wheel: IRD Cadence Aero x Powertap SL+ 28h hub. (Decals removed).
Tyre: Continental Grand Prix 4 Season.
Accessories: Van Nicholas bottle cages, SKS Mudguards, Garmin 705.
Weight: Still not known... Yet! :wink:
Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!

Comments

• toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    My Yukon is my all-year-round bike. Also with Ultegra and Open Pro. Done well over 20k miles so far in the last 2 years and I'm liking it more and more. Basically they're bulletproof and can do almost anything apart from rough off-road and full-on racing. I think you'll be happy!

a serious case of small cogs
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Now with matching wheelset! :wink:
  • red dragon
    red dragon Posts: 263
    I use my Yukon all year round, just seen one without mudguards getting used for all sorts. Yours looks very nice.
  • I wish I could afford that much for a winter bike!! :(
  • gbs
    gbs Posts: 450
    toontra wrote:
    My Yukon is my all-year-round bike. Also with Ultegra and Open Pro. Done well over 20k miles so far in the last 2 years and I'm liking it more and more. Basically they're bulletproof and can do almost anything apart from rough off-road and full-on racing. I think you'll be happy!

Offroad: what tyre size 23/25/25+?
    vintage newbie, spinning away
  • hopper1
    gbs wrote:
    toontra wrote:

:?:
  • gbs
    gbs Posts: 450
    hopper1 wrote:
    gbs wrote:
    toontra wrote:

Sorry to have been brief to the point of obscurity; it must be a reaction to an exccessive exposure to women recently.

I am running Mavic wheels with Gatorskins, 23mm, on the Yukon that I acquired today. On the towpath along the Thames or the cycle path in Richmond Park will I need some thing more robust?
    vintage newbie, spinning away
  • hopper1
    gbs wrote:
    hopper1 wrote:
    gbs wrote:
    toontra wrote:

Sorry to have been brief to the point of obscurity; it must be a reaction to an exccessive exposure to women recently.

I am running Mavic wheels with Gatorskins, 23mm, on the Yukon that I acquired today. On the towpath along the Thames or the cycle path in Richmond Park will I need some thing more robust?

I only use my bike on the road... Gatorskins have been very good, so far. :wink: