Have you bought a CUBE full sus bike in 2010 or 2009

adeg1000
adeg1000 Posts: 26
edited December 2009 in MTB general
I have just got myself a CUBE Stereo RX and was surprised to find out that it didn't come with a fork pump. A friends Cube came with one. I am wondering if the pump was missing from the bike or I need to buy one but think thats not on given how much the bike was.

If you have a CUBE full sus bike I would appreciate if you could tell me if you got a pump with your bike before I head back to the shop.

Cheers

Comments

• Donnic
    Donnic Posts: 85
    AFAIK, the only bikes that are specifically supplied with fork pumps are the Scott ones as the rear shocks require a specific pump due to the high pressures.

Best bet is to check the Cube site to see if they specify it coming with one, it may have been that your mate was given one at the disgression of the shop he bought it from.

If not, go ask where yours is.
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    I Had a shock pump donated by my LBS when I bought my scale 20. Didn't come with the bike, he was just probably in a good mood :lol:

I spent £900 on a set of forks and didn't get one, you will probably find that your friend had one thrown in by the LBS as a way of saying thanks.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Got a cube bike, albeit a hardtail and didn't get a fork pump with mine either although I wasent expecting one - agree though for the price we pay for the bikes it would be nice!

There have been a few threads on what shock pump to get. I use a wrench force pump, as mentioned on another thread it was bought on advice sought from here and if you shop around you can get in for a tenner;

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/wre ... p-ec005932
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    Mate bought AMS125, no pump (i think he did get one on a deal from LBS though)
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    My Anthem came with a pump, which I think is from Giant - both my bikes came from the same LBS but the Cube had no pump.
  • Think it's just one of those things.... If the manufacturer doesn't supply shock pumps, it doesn't mean the LBS has to.

When you get one from the lbs, it's usually thrown in or given at a reduced price.
  • v23
    v23 Posts: 217
    My bike came with a shock pump
  • my cube came with a shock pump. some will some wont. guess it depends on the shop
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • crust
    crust Posts: 27
    weeksy59 wrote:
    Mate bought AMS125, no pump (i think he did get one on a deal from LBS though)

Is correct, no shock pump with the bike.

However I mentioned to the blokey that I'd need one, he picked one off the workbench and gave it to me.

Cyclezone, Crowthorne, top people, very helpfull. Thoroughly recommended.

:) crust