Washing breathable/waterproof kit

pastryboy
pastryboy Posts: 1,385
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
My shorts/jacket get covered in mud so I feel I need to wash them at the end of the week. I washed everything in soap flakes today at 30 deg but my altura attack waterproof shorts aren't looking too good. The printed logos have started coming off and the bum section has bubbled up - this is the third weekend running I've washed them.

I also have a night vision windstopper which so far seems ok but I'm concerned that will have issues too and the reflective logos will start peeling.

I'd like the stuff to last but am I going to kill it off washing it every week?

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I don't think the logos on the shorts coming off is unusual - happened to a variety of my shorts.

As for the jacket, anything on the Altura website? This was discussed before, I think, ut can't find the link. I have a Night Vision and didn't check the instructions before washing it. Seems to be ok. The reflective logos on the arms are peeling off - it might have been washed above 40C, but it's over a year old and has been hammered e.g.when I insert my arms in the backpack straps, so I don't think it's done too badly..
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."