Hands Up

josame
josame Posts: 1,162
edited December 2009 in Pro race
Who here thinks Lance doped at this years tour or in prep for it?
'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'

Comments

• jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    Campag or shimano??
    Helmet or no helmet??

:lol::lol::lol:
  • ZZZzzzzzz... ZZZzzzzz.....
  • ZZZzzzzzz... ZZZzzzzz.....
  • He came in front of Frank "Eufemiano Fuentes" Schleck.

Says it all. Doesn't mean he isn't an amazing athlete however.
    The British Empire never died, it just moved to the Velodrome
  • maltiv
    maltiv Posts: 34
    Of course he was.

He was definitely clean at the Giro though, which was probably the race where he realized that he still could not win without doping, which might have been his plan initially.
  • Coyote
    Coyote Posts: 212
    He's certainly a bit of a dope when it come to the colour of his socks!
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    edited December 2009
    Let the facts speak for themselves.... Higher than usual reticulocyte readings are indicative of blood being 'donated', as the body then adapts to make up the shortfall. Lower than usual readings are an indication that blood has been re-injected, with the body's production of fresh red cells falling in order to compensate. These data points were taken off Armstrong's own site. He then took them down when experts in blood doping commented on them.

armstrongblood2009.jpg
    Nearly five months after Lance Armstrong announced with great fanfare that he was returning to cycling and would subject himself to a strict and transparent individual antidoping program, that program has been abandoned without ever beginning.

Don Catlin, the prominent antidoping scientist who was supposed to run Armstrong’s program, said Wednesday that they had decided earlier in the day to part ways, without Catlin’s analyzing a single blood or urine sample from Armstrong.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/12/sport ... cling.html
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    BikingBernie

Can you tell us what the graph means :wink: ?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • More info here.

http://nyvelocity.com/content/features/ ... suspicious

The 'diarrhoea' claim is laughable. As if Armstrong spent a month seriously dehydrated because of diarrhoea right though the time he was riding the Tour. :roll:
  • josame wrote:
    Who here thinks Lance doped at this years tour or in prep for it?

Have you ever visited this forum before? :roll:
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    maybe the values are simply rounded... but consider that the green values aren't grouped that closely and yet the red values are all exactly 0.7, 0.6 or 0.5 - a bit too accurate for a blood value for my mind

anyway, dennisN will be along in a bit to provide specific counter analysis

Dennis????
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • edhornby wrote:
    maybe the values are simply rounded... but consider that the green values aren't grouped that closely and yet the red values are all exactly 0.7, 0.6 or 0.5...
    But that is what you would expect given that the green values appear to represent two populations: the 'normal' readings and the unusually high readings that indicate an increased reticulocyte level in response to blood being drawn for later use.
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    I much preferred it when we stuck to 'yes he doped' or 'no he didn't dope'. Throwing charts and graphs up just confuses the rest of us :D
  • I

DONT

CARE
  • I

DONT

CARE

You should. As you said yourself in relation to the death of Frank Vandenbrouke...
    the sheer number of professional wrestlers from the 1980's which have dropped dead with heart problems at such a young age means that I fear this could be just the start of the problems for cyclists in the 90's who were abusing their bodies in a similar (if more 'controled' manner)
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... c&start=20
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    maltiv wrote:
    Of course he was.

He was definitely clean at the Giro though, which was probably the race where he realized that he still could not win without doping, which might have been his plan initially.

he was also under raced...had broke collarbone, nice to see your objective stance on the question...another happy TREK owner you are I'm sure :lol: