Cake stops: funniest comebacks

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
I love reading the cake stop, some funny posts. Just read this exchange (below) regarding Rapha's new purse:
1408-01.jpg
It's not a purse, more of a 'manpouch' or 'mansac'

Once again Rapha perceive a gap in the market and it will make a lovely present. If you don't like it don't buy it! No different to walking into Selfridges/H-Nichols etc and looking at bags by L.Vuitton,Gucci,Cartier etc for £100's

I owe you one mate. I was just about to hit the 'confirm order' button on the Rapha website to buy one, despite not liking it, when I read your post which bought me back to my senses. I can't tell you the amount of money I've lost buying stuff I don't like, but if I can just remember your advice I shouldn't have that problem any more :lol:

Love it.

If you see a funny excahnge on the cake stop share it here...
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• But isn't this place Comedy Central?

Damn!

I'm hanging out in *completely* the wrong place! :wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Nah, they have Willhub and Bhima :wink:

As funny as I find your witticisms, sir, I am afraid you have nothing on the barely contained lunacy those two bring...
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • Bizarrely... talking of blinding comebacks, we just had a great one in the office:

Boss comes over wanting to know who's leaving at 4
    Tony: Don't you worry.. I'll still be here AS USUAL, working hard
    Chirs: (while rubbing tip of index finger with tip of thumb) Yeah, yeah, yeah - here's me playing the worlds smallest violin for you

Tony: (straight back) Really? I though that was you masturbating? :lol:

Chris: :shock:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Alternatively,to avoid double posting everything, people could perhaps go to cake stop if they wanted to read the cakestop posts
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    spen666 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Alternatively,to avoid double posting everything, people could perhaps go to cake stop if they wanted to read the cakestop posts

people could perhaps go to cake stop if they wanted to read the cakestop posts

Edit: £40 for that...sheeet
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • DonDaddyD
    Clever Pun wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

people could perhaps go to cake stop if they wanted to read the cakestop posts

Edit: £40 for that...sheeet

:lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Bizarrely... talking of blinding comebacks, we just had a great one in the office:

Chirs: (while rubbing tip of index finger with tip of thumb) Yeah, yeah, yeah - here's me playing the worlds smallest violin for you

F'king hell, that's brilliant, must remember that for my line manager

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    spen666 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

What is this the cake stop stalking page?
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Bizarrely... talking of blinding comebacks, we just had a great one in the office:

Or try this one:

Picture the scene: office full of people, colleague of a much younger SecretSam is banging on about something I've done/not done/said, etc.

Middle Age Female Colleague: whine, whine, whine, Matthew, whine whine whine

Matthew: oh God, you're in a bad mood, is it your time of the month? Oh, no, hang on you're far too old for that now aren't you?

MAFC: <<shocked silence>>
    Office: <<shocked silence>>

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    SecretSam wrote:

Or try this one:

Picture the scene: office full of people, colleague of a much younger SecretSam is banging on about something I've done/not done/said, etc.

Matthew: oh God, you're in a bad mood, is it your time of the month? Oh, no, hang on you're far too old for that now aren't you?

ooooofff!! :shock:
  • DonDaddyD
    SecretSam wrote:

Or try this one:

Did you keep your job?
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    Back when I was 16 I worked in McDonalds (Dad made me, said it would give me good grounding... :roll: )

McDonalds Happy Meals were giving away Toy Story toys with each meal.

Man comes in and asks

"Can I have a Big Mac meal, apple pie and a cheese burger Happy Meal? Oh, what Toy Story toys do you have?

I promptly reply, wierdly enthusiastic but innocently

"I can give you a Woody!"

A silent moment ensued...
    Food Chain number = 4

• iain_j
    Brilliant :lol:
  • spen666 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Good point.

If ever I feel I haven't heard or read enough drivel, its good to know the cake stop is there. :)
  • iain_j
    No-one made you read it, there's a clue in the thread title :P
  • :roll: wtf is this mad thread about?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,379
    Jumping the shark?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Jumping the shark?

Shouldn't that be on the "three words after sex" thread?
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    I had one the other night when slightly tipsey after a christmas do for work.
    Walking back through "dodgy" area of town, a very bad prostitute walks up to me.

Lady (I thnk) of the night "You looking for business sweety?"
    Me "No thanks I'm not a rent boy"

Sometimes I shouldn't let my mouth work with my brain without including my common sense.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)