Emmelle Team Replica?

bianchi777
bianchi777 Posts: 101
edited December 2009 in Road general
Hi

I recently came into a very old and dilapidated Emmelle "Team Replica 12" racing bike. It's a 23 inch frame and appears to be made from Japanese tubing...weighs a ton but is like a locomotive...absolutely flies. I'd love to ride downhill on it.

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone had any more information about Emmelle bikes and any information on this specific model? I wonder how old it is.

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Try Moore Large & Co in Derby, they are the importers of this collection of gas pipe. Best of emailing them TBH but the phone number is 01332 2742--. Can't remember what the last 2 digits are for bike sales.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • lae
    lae Posts: 555
    ^ I used to be on the phone to Moore Large all day when I worked in a bike shop... but I can't remember either!

Some of them are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Some of them are helpful but don't know too much. Some of them know nothing and are completely incompetent. It's a mixed bag...
  • redvee wrote:
    Try Moore Large & Co in Derby, they are the importers of this collection of gas pipe. Best of emailing them TBH but the phone number is 01332 2742--. Can't remember what the last 2 digits are for bike sales.

Gas Pipe? How dare you!

The bike was free and likely destined for the tip so I can't complain...and it's more fun to ride than my Bianchi which cost me a lot more!!!
  • Is it Red/White? Santa brought me one in 1986! Any photos? I am trying to track my old one down lent it out years ago and trying to trace its movements :cry: