Pereiro Astana Freeze?

Comments

• Couple of interesting things about this.

Cycling Weekly mentions that he didn't show his blood passport until after the contract was signed. Hmm.......

Also, the deal was being made with Olymus Sarl. Isn't that JB's management company?

Probably more to this than meets the eye. :roll:
  • This would be a real shame for him as well as Contador. Dropping his wages and not inviting him (if true) is poor show and doesn't bode well.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    Gotta feel sorry for OP, seems like a nice guy.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I think Johan Bruyneel is to blame!!! oops, he left the team 2 months ago...still, blame Bruyneel!!!
  • Vino
    Vino Posts: 184
    Dave_1 wrote:
    I think Johan Bruyneel is to blame!!! oops, he left the team 2 months ago...still, blame Bruyneel!!!

This eez the problem, when someone is walking with sh1t on his shoe through your penthouse they leave but the stink it eez still there.

Ave analagy Calves
  • Vino wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

This eez the problem, when someone is walking with sh1t on his shoe through your penthouse they leave but the stink it eez still there.

Ave analagy Calves

Vino,
    :lol:

Dave_1,
    Are you are having dig at me?
    Actually, I was asking a genuine question, knowing that there are many posters with a greater knowledge than I. You are one of them.
    I was wondering what the relationship between Bruyneel, Olympus Sarl and Astana is at the moment.
    I have googled around, but it is unclear. Can anyone enlighten me?
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Olympus sarl is Bruyneel's company - the one to which money for wages and expenses were paid - why they were negotiating with Pereiro and not Astana would be interesting to know.
  • Thanks Micron.
  • maybe (i'm speculating) Olympus sarl was bruyneel's vehicle, but he left that behind when he left astana. it's just a limited company, he can start another no problem, one with no contractual ties to astana...
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Vino wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

Ave analagy Calves

Vino,
    :lol:

Dave_1,
    Are you are having dig at me?
    Actually, I was asking a genuine question, knowing that there are many posters with a greater knowledge than I. You are one of them.
    I was wondering what the relationship between Bruyneel, Olympus Sarl and Astana is at the moment.
    I have googled around, but it is unclear. Can anyone enlighten me?

Sorry, no I wasn't having a dig at you at all. I was being less than serious, I don't know the answer. Johan Bruyneel has left Astana. Will he be accused of still being in control of who they employ if he left them?
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Take your point phd, but don't understand why they wouldn't have wanted a clean break - who knows whether or not Bruyneel retains an interest in Olympus?
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Considering the amount of innuendo and 'circumstantial' evidence going around about OP and his shady past (especially on this forum), then maybe it's a good thing that Astana don't pick him up. Especially as AC has boasted; Astana are riding clean in 2010 :wink::wink: