Commuting from Clapham Junction Station

unscarred
unscarred Posts: 208
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
I'm thinking of extending the cycle section of my commute a bit by using Clapham Junction instead of Waterloo.

Anyone got experience of what the cycle storage facilities are like here?

Also, what routes could I use to get to the City or Canary Wharf?
FCN 6 in the week on the shiny new single speed.

FCN 3 at the weekend - struggling to do it justice!

Comments

• Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    I live "around the corner", so have left my bike there a few times. The bike parking on the north side of the station (Grant Rd) seems OK, and is sort of protected from the elements. There isn't much parking so it does get busy. No idea how safe it is, I did leave my Genesis there on occasion, so can't be too bad. I have seen one or two vandalised bikes there, but I've also seen some fairly decent kit locked up there regularly (the same bikes that I've recognised, incl a Bianchi). There might be some decent parking in the little drop off zone thingie.

If I remember this eve, I'll pass by and check it out a bit better.

Suck and see?
  • Dudu
    Dudu Posts: 4,637
    Roastie wrote:
    There might be some decent parking in the little drop off zone thingie.

There is, straight ahead when you go in through the height-limit barrier. The footfall might deter the tealeaves a bit.
    Dudu wrote:
    Roastie wrote:
    There might be some decent parking in the little drop off zone thingie.

There is, straight ahead when you go in through the height-limit barrier. The footfall might deter the tealeaves a bit.
    Sounds like a better bet. Certainly is a much busier area than by the bus stop, and probably less "opportunistic" passing traffic.