New PB last night

Harry B
Harry B Posts: 1,239
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
Despite spending hardly any time on the bike for the last couple of months I managed a new PB on my way home last night: I hour 13 minutes :P My previous PB was around I hr 16 :shock:

I reckon it was the lack of wind/rain, the sheer fact that I was on my bike and glad to be there and that Snickers bar I had just before I left the office :wink:

Comments

• Harry B wrote:
    Despite spending hardly any time on the bike for the last couple of months I managed a new PB on my way home last night: I hour 13 minutes :P My previous PB was around I hr 16 :shock:

I reckon it was the lack of wind/rain, the sheer fact that I was on my bike and glad to be there and that Snickers bar I had just before I left the office :wink:

What distance is that over? Sounds like a real man's commute, the bike section of my commute is only about 5 miles...
    FCN 6 in the week on the shiny new single speed.

FCN 3 at the weekend - struggling to do it justice!
  • Harry B
    unscarred wrote:
    Harry B wrote:

What distance is that over? Sounds like a real man's commute, the bike section of my commute is only about 5 miles...

From London Bridge to Ruislip. About 20 miles but all flat. I reckon I could get it down to an hour but for the traffic lights and car drivers
  • d.n.f
    d.n.f Posts: 61
    Harry B wrote:

From London Bridge to Ruislip.

thats pretty much same as me - What's your chosen route?
  • Harry B
    d.n.f wrote:
    Harry B wrote:

This http://connect.garmin.com/activity/10901525 except that at Shepherds Bush I now continue along the Uxbridge Road rather than going through Chiswick
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    I had a new PB too, but the bad kind.

It took over 1h50 to get the 25 miles into work yesterday morning, but I had a freezing headwind, was on the look out for ice and the dodgy knee was back.

T'interwebs says it is patellofemoral syndrome and i need to stay off the bike for at least a couple of weeks, take ibuprofen and give it cold and hot compresses, before starting to build up the miles, slowly, again. I can go swimming though, so looks like i'm going to be training for a swimming part of the triathalon I said I wanted to try and do next year ;)
    us0.png
  • d.n.f
    d.n.f Posts: 61
    Harry B wrote:
    d.n.f wrote:
    Harry B wrote:

This http://connect.garmin.com/activity/10901525 except that at Shepherds Bush I now continue along the Uxbridge Road rather than going through Chiswick

8)

I join that route on Argyle road Perivale, Stay on Uxbridge road too, but then I do Holland road and high street Ken, I also do the Mall then Northumberland, stay on the embankment and cross either Blackfriars or Southwark.

i think I'll try the ways you go now too.