Why?!

pintoo
pintoo Posts: 145
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    So when the apocalypse happens people can still race each other :D
    The ultimate racing bicycle in an apocalyptic world, where there's nothing left but remains of what in other times was a perfect tarmacs and squared cities world...

Could be useful depending on when in 2012 the world is supposed to end.
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    That thing is class. How about a whip round so Wallace can get one for the Maryhill Road? I'd love to see the video!
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I actually kind of like that, the nice clean lines and very neat welds appeal to the aesthete in me :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    MTB tyres and no brakes seem rather at odds.

However, I love the idea of a frame so bespoke that even the seat post isn't adjustable.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Kurako wrote:
    That thing is class. How about a whip round so Wallace can get one for the Maryhill Road? I'd love to see the video!

Ha!! Nice one..... you think it could cope with the broken buckie bottles and assorted low life then?

I fear that I will not be gracing Maryhill Road for a few weeks. Off to physio tonight, need a Robocop type left leg.... :oops:
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Impressive.

And it’s a Spanish brand too! :o
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Just silly really, and the price is even sillier.....as the OP says, WHY, that is taking the hybrid concept (which I agree with, I ride one) too far.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • msw
    msw Posts: 313
    Well I think exigence may be the only thing lacking from my current riding experience, so I'm glad to find something a bit more exigent.
    "We're not holding up traffic. We are traffic."
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Amaro Persephone, T700 high modulus carbon fiber wheelsets, artisanally handbuilted with the best components so to create one of the lightest and most exclusive wheelsets on the market.

Tested and developed on high competition exigencies with pro riders as Koldo Gil, Luis Moyano, Jose A. Diez Arriola, Fabricio Ferrari, etc.

The whole website is very keen on exigencies and they've even gone to the length of hand crafting their very own word "artisanally" - you lucky people.

Also:-
    Why would anybody want to spend 5890 Euros on an MTB that they can't adjust the seatpost on?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Attica wrote:
    Amaro Persephone, T700 high modulus carbon fiber wheelsets, artisanally handbuilted with the best components so to create one of the lightest and most exclusive wheelsets on the market.

Tested and developed on high competition exigencies with pro riders as Koldo Gil, Luis Moyano, Jose A. Diez Arriola, Fabricio Ferrari, etc.

The whole website is very keen on exigencies and they've even gone to the length of hand crafting their very own word "artisanally" - you lucky people.

Not to mention 'practicity'

Bless.
  • Its a (FG/SS?) drop bar, rigid 29er! :lol:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    edited December 2009
    Attica wrote:

Why would anybody want to spend 5890 Euros on an MTB that they can't adjust the seatpost on?

tut-tut

AFAIK "artisanally" is a proper English word or at least was! Same for "exigencies"

I don't think practicity exists though - but they are not English anyway.

I have read the bolletin and the concept is quite cool and considering you get a handcrafted titanium frame made to measure with top range kit well it is not that expensive (seeing as you can easily spend £5k on a top of the range bike from a major manufacturer).
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Looks ideal for track racing on old tracks which are no longer maintained.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    wouldn't fancy going fixed off road. How the bloomin heck would you bunny hop?

I think it looks lovely though, but I like that kind of thing. Not a word Attica!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    edited December 2009
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Attica wrote:

tut-tut

AFAIK "artisanally" is a proper English word or at least was! Same for "exigencies"

I don't think practicity exists though - but they are not English anyway.

I have read the bolletin and the concept is quite cool and considering you get a handcrafted titanium frame made to measure with top range kit well it is not that expensive (seeing as you can easily spend £5k on a top of the range bike from a major manufacturer).

I didn't question the existence of the word exigencies, just their fondness for it.
    OK so artisanally is a proper word, point taken.

Surely an MTB has it's seatpost height adjusted depending on the terrain though, which was my point. Otherwise these wouldn't exist for certain exigiencies. :wink:
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • it's just a fixed gear 26" monstercross bike.

In fact it isn't much different to my pompino at the moment... except the pompino has 700c wheels and cx tyres.
  • msw
    seeing as you can easily spend £5k on a top of the range bike from a major manufacturer....

Yes but... most bikes at that price have either gears or brakes, or in some extremely good value cases, both.
  • msw
    Just been looking around their site a bit more, and have to say I am also very excited at the possibility of riding "the ice sword with wich Josef Ajram cuts across the barren horizons of the impossible." I bet it's well exigent.