Stolen Marin Fairfax 29th Nov Archway, London

bobb
bobb Posts: 3
edited February 2010 in Road stolen
My black Marin Fairfax 2009 was stolen from a flat in Archway, London on sunday afternoon (29th Nov).

It's a 20.5" model with lockable wheels.

If anyone sees this please let me know as I'm gutted. :(

Comments

• bobb
    bobb Posts: 3
    just to follow up on this I received a call out of the blue yesterday from the police saying they have found my bike!! they didn't give too many details but they told me that because I had registered the serial number on the immobilise website they could identify it as mine.

I picked it up tonight and it is the same as the day I lost it 3 months ago! the policeman told me that not many people have used this site and therefore they are sitting on so many bikes and phones and all kinds of stuff, but they cannot identify it as stolen unless it's on theire.

obviously I've been lucky, but it shows that their database does work, and altho some bikes will be stripped and sold off as parts, some bikes are just sold on for quick cash and are being ridden around in the same state they were stolen.

if you've had your bike nicked then register on their site. it's free and you might just get lucky... http://www.immobilise.com/