Look at my new toy...Commencal super 4:3

jjojjas
jjojjas Posts: 346
edited December 2009 in Your mountain bikes
OK, not as flash as some of the bling I see on here, but it's my new full suss for xc/trail riding.
Looking forward to getting back off road :D
Picture028-1.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture034-1.jpg

:D:D:D:D
Gotta get some new gloves...maybe a new coat....my Met's a bit tired....and I should think about some new knee pads...oh, and.....

Jas
it looks a bit steep to me.....

Comments

• Phonk7
    Phonk7 Posts: 178
    Nice, how much travel does it have? 120? Like the white recon forks myne are all black :cry:
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Nice but I think they look better in black :wink:

3995343859_8f0f5b8ae8.jpg

Make sure you give it a good hammering they go like a rocket
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • jjojjas
    100mm travel.
    Although I hear the black ones only have 98mm :wink:
    :lol:
  • 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601
    nice, i very nearly bought one of them, last minute the travel tart in me got the better of me and i bought the meta 5.5.2 instead and have been very happy with it. i hear the super is very much like a tighter more precise meta, but seeing as i don't ride to precise i think that tightness and precision would be wasted on me :lol:

you had her (i assume she is a her) out yet? how is she?

oh and i disagree they look good in black but white is much nicer.

she is sweet, jjojjas
    Fancy a brew?
  • Very Nice, another member to the White bike club- the best colour for a bike!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601
    Very Nice, another member to the White bike club- the best colour for a bike!

+1

i mean what other colour would show up mud and decaying leaf matter so well?
    Fancy a brew?
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Sweet looking bike! (Even if I do have an aversion to white rims :wink: )

100mm singletrack missile is where it's at!
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    jjojjas wrote:
    100mm travel.
    Although I hear the black ones only have 98mm :wink:

:lol:

:lol: I have only bottomed the shock out a couple of times even though I am a big lump so I dont think the missing 2 mm makes much difference.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • jjojjas
    No not been out on it yet. We had floods up here on Sunday so that idea was scrapped :(
    77ric - I know what you mean, was a little tempted with bigger stuff, but I'm not as young or fit as I was, and Iv'e had my DH phase so it was easier for me to keep thinking of the climbs and the weight :lol:

Just played around the street with it when I bought it, it seems very tight compared to my old orange 5. Pleased with it so far, I'll be trying to get out on it at the end of the week.
    Jas