What method or software to record data?

Baldieheidit
Baldieheidit Posts: 4
edited December 2009 in Road beginners
just wondering what means you use to record computer data from your rides..... Excel spreadsheet, notepad, free software download or what??

thanks

Comments

• ris
    ris Posts: 392
    before i picked up my gps heart rate monitor i used mapmyride, since i got it i use sportstracks.
  • mat*46*
    mat*46* Posts: 149
    excell all the way.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Garmin Connect
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • othello
    othello Posts: 578
    I use my iPhone for recording using an app called runkeeper. The app has a companion website which logs the rides automatically.

But I do want to get a Garmin 705...
    Blogging about junior road bikes http://junior-road-bikes.tumblr.com
  • Pretre
    Pretre Posts: 355
    Sporttracks, particularly if you have a GPS
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    If you have a Garmin GPS or similar, the software that comes with it is good for seeing details, graphs and it maps out the route you took etc. I also input main data like date, distance and average speed to Excel spreadsheet, where you can also add a little narrative if you like. You can also create drop-down lists if forinstance you have a number of regular circuits you have named so if you can look back you can instantly see where you have been on that day. If you have a number of different bikes you might have a column for bike used.

The possibilities on an Excel spreadsheet are endless depending how sad you are and how much detail you want to record.
  • My legs tend to tell me :wink:

Suppose it depends on the level you want to obtain but i've already resigned myself to the fact that amateur is my position in the standings :wink: ..................................................................................................................................

In fact i don't think i've even reached amateur level yet :roll: :arrow:

(enjoyability is the key :D )
  • fishyweb
    fishyweb Posts: 173
    +1 for SportTracks, especially if you have a Garmin or similar.
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/287459
    Member of http://www.UKnetrunner.co.UK - the greatest online affiliated running club
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    I use the Garmin software that came with my Edge 205. It's okay but I wish there was some way you could export or copy and paste the data into Excel.

I'm getting a bit slack with the Garmin though. Last ride I forgot to recharge the battery and the ride before that I forgot to start the timer :( Wish it would record automatically like my £10 Raleigh jobby from Argos.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • Thanks for the replies folks.
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    +2 for SportTracks. More powerful and useful than Garmin Training Centre by a country mile.
  • woody-som
    woody-som Posts: 1,001
    +3 for sporttracks. it works with both my garmin on the bike and timex ironman body link system for running. nothing else comes close, and having the data oon your computer is an advantage incase the web site folds.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    + 4 for SportTracks if you want to use a desktop software.

If you want to keep it online the http://www.runsaturday.com which also links to Sportracks.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    My legs tend to tell me :wink:

Suppose it depends on the level you want to obtain but i've already resigned myself to the fact that amateur is my position in the standings :wink: ..................................................................................................................................

In fact i don't think i've even reached amateur level yet :roll: :arrow:

(enjoyability is the key :D )
    +1.
    The mileage is in my head and my legs tell me when I train hard or not, thats my two zones :D