O God MY EYES !

stevet1992
stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
edited November 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Ive just upgraded from a Hope Vision 2 to a Vision 4 ...

What sunglasses for my new lights ? :lol:
On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    if you have money: oakleys
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    oakley. i have oakley goggles. there really good quality.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    How many lummens are we talking here?

I'm currently looking to get one of the new Lumicycle LED4 lamps - 1120 lumens.
  • stevet1992

960 i do believe ... But im becoming a hope whore :oops: Cant beat the customer service though ! Ive emailed them at 7:30AM and got a reply 2 minutes later saying "New part is in the post"

Ive only ever broken hope stuff due to being born with 2 big joints of ham where my fists should be :wink:

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    I'm not a huge hope fan.
  • forcutty
    forcutty Posts: 1,055

yeah but thik of the batterys/weight your going to need/add!!!!!!
  • forcutty
    forcutty Posts: 1,055
    Andy wrote:
    I'm not a huge hope fan.
    wow that surprises me as your the forum tart :P
  • ramemtbers
    i am. love there bike parts. i just cant get enough 8)
  • jay12
    Andy wrote:
    I'm a huge pink shirt fan.
  • Andy
    forcutty wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    I'm not a huge hope fan.
    wow that surprises me as your the forum tart :P

Nah I prefer better working parts.
  • El Capitano
    stevet1992 wrote:

960 i do believe ... But im becoming a hope whore :oops: Cant beat the customer service though !

I've had pretty much the same experience with Lumicycle. The even lent me a battery for SITS a couple of years ago. I've currently got 3 Lumi batteries and various other lamps, so a new one will fit all my existing stuff. I'm a bit miffed that I'd bought an LED3 lamp just before they brought out the LED4 ones though...
  • ramemtbers
    i hate it when something like that happens. 8)
  • Andy, theres nothing wrong with HOPE, it's just the weight that bothers you eh???? :)
  • Andy
    Andy, theres nothing wrong with HOPE, it's just the weight that bothers you eh???? :)

Why have a burger when you can have steak instead?
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I've got a vision 4 too, nicely made bit of kit. Needed it today, it was so dark in bits of the forest I couldn't see the trail. One guy actually went past us with lights on at about 1:30 :shock:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • ramemtbers
    where were you riding. i know that the forests in wakes are dark.
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    Why on earth would anyone wear sunglasses when the weather Ain't even tropoical by any standards .. and wearing such things whilst bike riding in non sunny conditions is beyond me .

Sunglasses are for sunny in your eyes weather you the weather of the better kind that we experienced around May then the mongo weather people said it was gonna be a barbecue summer .. the biggest gaff since michael fish said on tv of the storm that wasn't gonna happen

It's on par with those whallopers that wear those uber gay scarfs and a t shirt and big heavy jackets
  • stevet1992
    colintrav wrote:
    Why on earth would anyone wear sunglasses when the weather Ain't even tropoical by any standards .. and wearing such things whilst bike riding in non sunny conditions is beyond me .

Sunglasses are for sunny in your eyes weather you the weather of the better kind that we experienced around May then the mongo weather people said it was gonna be a barbecue summer .. the biggest gaff since michael fish said on tv of the storm that wasn't gonna happen

It's on par with those whallopers that wear those uber gay scarfs and a t shirt and big heavy jackets

It was a joke about how powerful they are ... Obviously this has gone straight over your head :wink:

• Andy
    colintrav wrote:

:roll:
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Andy wrote:
    colintrav wrote:

:roll:

OH DO BE QUIET!

Jeez Louise.
  • Is that a common occurence on here?
  • jay12
    colintrav is a bit annoyng :roll:
  • Andy
    Is that a common occurence on here?

If you like it stay, if not sod off back where you came from and stop moaning.
  • Calm down, seriously. I wasn't moaning, I'm trying to work out what it's like here. I'm on here cos everyone keeps whinging about UKMB dying and how this place has more traffic, so I thought I'd check it out.
  • Andy
    In that case, welcome along! Come on in, get yourself a pint and take a seat!

or something like that...
  • Andy
    Just don't mention BMW 335d's!
  • El Capitano
    Andy wrote:

Yeah, cos they're really bad cars. People who have them have a serious problem trying to justifiy their purchase to everyone else, whilst deep down inside, they know they've wasted their money...
  • Andy wrote:

Yeah, cos they're really bad cars. People who have them have a serious problem trying to justifiy their purchase to everyone else, whilst deep down inside, they know they've wasted their money...

I didn't know Doug was on here...
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    edited November 2009

Just google troutelight. ;)
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • Andy
    Dazzza how come you never mentioned those before?