Nintendo wii ?

little wiser
little wiser Posts: 662
edited November 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Hi anyone got one of these if so what you think?
thinking of getting one for kids for xmas and lastly any one seen a good deal?

Comments

• forcutty
    forcutty Posts: 1,055
    yeah there o.k for the first 6months then the novalty wheres out.
  • Sold ours a couple of months ago. Got it last Christmas, played it a couple of times, then as above, the novelty wore off. I'd say if you are going to go for one, make sure you get the "motion plus" version (think that's what its called anyway), which sharpens up the control movements.

Mariokart Wii is an awesome game btw.
  • My eldest kid loves mario kart on the ds which has broken now, touch screen sometimes doesnt work :roll: , keep looking at all the deals and am just worried like you said it will be a fad.
  • forcutty
    forcutty Posts: 1,055
    mario kart is the only game we still play!
  • Got very boring very quickly, even with new games and not very good for "normal" games.

But I'm not a kid.

My nephew also has one (age 8 ), he mostly plays on his DS and my Xbox/Xbox 360 though.

Don't get me wrong, I was fun for a while, but it depends whether you think the cost is justified if the kids are gonna get bored of it in a few months. However, if they're the ones asking for it, then I suppose you'd better get one!
  • I'd say its a good console for kids. Easy to use and robust, and good for adults at parties.
    <hr noshade size="1"><font color="purple"><center><i><b><font size="2"><font face="Times New Roman"> "Boggis and Bunce and Bean. One fat, one short, one lean. These horrible crooks. So different in looks. Were none the less equally mean."</font id="Times New Roman"></b></font id="size2"></i></center></font id="purple">
  • fitch28
    fitch28 Posts: 155
    depends on their age. wii is definitely more for younger kids. my daughter hardly plays hers any more.
  • afcbian
    afcbian Posts: 424
    just got one for the kids this xmas.
    John Lewis are doing it for £159 incl Wii fit and Wii fit resort incl the motion sensor thingy doo da.
    We had a gift card for Comet so we went in there and asked if they price match. They were more than happy to do so and didn't even check to see if the price I told them was accurate.
    Wish I'd told them £139 !!!!!!
    Personally I think it will get boring very quickly but hey ho the missus wants to get the kids one. personally I don't do computer games or anything like that. They bore the t*ts off me !
    I ride therefore I am
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    good for kids. mario kart is good. Wii Sports resort is also pretty good

Missus uses it for wii fit too. I hardly play on it though. I'd rather sit down when gaming!
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • it's good fun for like mario type games, group games or sports ones (like tiger woods, nhl etc) It's never gonna match xbox or ps3 on performance but most of the games i see on those just don't interest me anyway.
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • you have got me all thinking now :roll: , perhaps they will get bored aged 3 and 9 they have not asked for this may be my surprise to kids and missus perhaps i should get a ps3 instead with some kiddy type games?
    (and a few for me :twisted: )
  • The Wii's software catalogue is a mixed bag at best. But Super Mario Galaxy is the best game I've played this generation.. Super Paper Mario is also pretty special and the only game I've ever played where the script was laugh out loud funny.