rain 32 days today sun with snow over night

solsurf
solsurf Posts: 489
edited November 2009 in MTB general
what a fantastic day woke up and there was blue sky (haven't seen that for a while) with snow on the fells.

Very boggy and cold but the sun,views and snow more than made up for it. Amazing :D:D:D:D:D:D

Very tired now but up for it all again tomorrow. :) But the chances of two days of sun, I doubt it 8)

Comments

• missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Pics or it didn't happen! :D
  • solsurf
    Busted :D:lol:

No seriously, I should have taken my camera especially as it's one of those shock proof waterproof ones. If I go again tomorrow I'll take pics especially for you :!: Now all I need is to find a way out of plastering. That was the deal with the wife. Although my wife did come with me and the dog today. Its a regular ride out the back of the Kentmere valley. I still can't believe I live up here now.

:)
  • M.C.
    M.C. Posts: 28
    Cool, I (and my wife) are heading to Coniston on Friday and I can't wait to get out there, especially if theres some white stuff about. I'm planning to get the bike as far up the 'Old Man of Coniston' as I can and then enjoy a blast down. Keep the weather reports coming! :D
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    We were supposed to have light snow today but it just rained instead and hovered around three degrees, at least there was no wind though.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • solsurf
    Sunday was pretty yuck with loads of rain lower down, however it was clear but cold.

I think by the weekend we are supposed to have snow on the tops of the fells, I'll keep you updated. i've never been up the old man with a bike, first time for everything. Some great riding around there especially on the eastern side of the lake.

cheers,
    Neil
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Looking forward to some proper cold weather so all this mud an' sh*te will freeze over. The riding-in-the-mud-is-great thing is wearing a little thin now :wink:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Plenty of snow on the hilltops here over the weekend. And a huge amount of rain lower down - Chapeltown floods AGAIN!