how do i post a pic on here?
dont only ride a bike

Comments

• cheers got it
    posted my new bike i just built
    dont only ride a bike
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    Can you resize the image before it appears in the post? Last image I posted was enormous with left/right and up/down scroll bars after it appeared despite it being of modest size on the origianl web page.

Cheers
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    pedylan wrote:
    Can you resize the image before it appears in the post? Last image I posted was enormous with left/right and up/down scroll bars after it appeared despite it being of modest size on the origianl web page.

Cheers
    The best way to do this is to resize the picture before you upload it to the internet. The important metric to be aware of is how many pixels the picture is to a side: for a forum you want it to be no more than 600 pixels on either side, preferably fewer. Recent digital cameras will generate pictures which are a few thousand pixels to a side, on their default (maximum) settings.

There are many programs available which will reveal these dimensions, and rescale pictures for you. You don't need to learn how to use Photoshop! If you have a Mac you can use iPhoto, Preview, or Mail to resize; if you're using Windows then I'm sure there a plenty of cheap or free programs, or maybe the inbuilt image viewer will do it.

Otherwise, if you're uploading your picture to a service like Flickr or Picasa, you can link to one of the smaller variants that they generate. Once you're conscious of the pixel dimensions of an image, you'll find there are plenty of ways of modifying it.