Reba SL 2008

Chunkers1980
Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
edited November 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
Hopeing for some help. I can fettle anything on a bike. I have 2 limitations; Suspension forks and Hydro brakes - there's just so much I don't fully understand. Luckily my avid fives needed nothing doing to them in 2.5 years and hope that same will be true of new new formulas.

It's my suspension I now a problem with. They are OEM ones from Merlin 11 months ago. They are Rockshox Reba SL 2008 100mm IS with poploc.

I noticed last night when locking out via the push lock it did seem to work, then got home made sure the knob was in the fully locked position by turning by hand and it only made the slightest, and I mean slightest of difference.

What could be wrong. Will a professional service sort it. Could I really do it myself as anything hyro with seals make me think twice. warrenty cover it?

Cheers...

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    has the floodgate been reset? check its adjustment.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Cheers Nick. When I said I don't understand hydro stuff I meant it.

The only adjusters are the poploc one in question and the 'haire and tort' rebound adjuster at the bottom.

Do you mean I need to open the forks up to do this... Are there any guides around the site?
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    Chunkers - p.6 of this: Reba 2008
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Any travel problems as well?

Have a looky here.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • No travel problems and have tried adjusting the internal floodgae and that makes no difference at all.... Any other ideas...