WMB Hope X2 £160 a pair???

scale20
scale20 Posts: 1,300
edited November 2009 in MTB general
Reading through the December '09 issue of WMB there is an article on some Formula RX brakes. On page 47 there is the usual 'also consider' option showing Hope X2 brakes for £160 a pair.

If anyone can show me where you get a pair of X2 brakes for £160 I'd be a very happy man! Been looking around and cheapest I can get is just over a ton for 1 brake.
Niner Air 9 Rigid
Whyte 129S 29er.

Comments

• I suspect it's a typo, or maybe caliper only price or something. Might be worth asking in the WMB section or dropping them a quick email.
  • That's the RRP on each end, not both
    Scott Scale Custom
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/ ... C09729.jpg

Kona Coilair 2007 Dark Peak Destroyer
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/ ... C09727.jpg

"BOCD - If it aint perfect it aint good enough"
  • Just bought pair of Avid Elixir 5s from Merlin for £135 includung r5otors. Awesome brakes after my Giant MPH Roots.
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    stevieboy wrote:
    That's the RRP on each end, not both

The mag states £160 (pair)

I know its more than likely a missprint, but I still wouldn't mind a pair for that price 8)
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • mellex
    mellex Posts: 214
    Noticed that myself. Nearly fell off the loo :lol:
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    scale20 wrote:
    Reading through the December '09 issue of WMB there is an article on some Formula RX brakes. On page 47 there is the usual 'also consider' option showing Hope X2 brakes for £160 a pair.

If anyone can show me where you get a pair of X2 brakes for £160 I'd be a very happy man! Been looking around and cheapest I can get is just over a ton for 1 brake.

Were in an era of credit crunch financial crisis and have we seen drastic reductions in prices of bike gear ...

I agree the prices for such EQ is getting beyond a joke .. they seem to think that bike riders are like Golfers willing to spend all sorts of cash on gear ..
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    colintrav wrote:
    scale20 wrote:

I agree the prices for such EQ is getting beyond a joke .. they seem to think that bike riders are like Golfers willing to spend all sorts of cash on gear ..

we are.
  • handful
    handful Posts: 920
    I ride mtbs and play golf........no wonder I'm skint :lol:

Neither today though, course waterlogged so closed and blowin a gale so no ride likely either :(
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise
  • I agree the prices for such EQ is getting beyond a joke .. they seem to think that bike riders are like Golfers willing to spend all sorts of cash on gear ..

Yeah, one of my mates has been saying, for the past few years, that 'mtb is the new golf'.

However, it does appear that some are prepared to pay astronomical prices for bikes and equipment, which is their choice of course. On the other hand I do know a few, who have been riding for aeons, and are now considering moving away from the mtb game and finding something less expensive to do.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994
    On the other hand I do know a few, who have been riding for aeons, and are now considering moving away from the mtb game and finding something less expensive to do.

It's only expensive if you let it be though - you can get by just fine with deore etc. It's just that we are all tempted by the shiney shiney.

I mean, I just spent £50 on a stem FFS! It was a moment of weakness. :)