Are CRC serious?

jadamson
jadamson Posts: 644
edited November 2009 in MTB general
got an email from them as ive purchased stuff from them before and im sure many of you have as well... in case you haven't heres a link - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/News.aspx?NewsID=728&PartnerID=2813

obviously there serious but surely they would have a limit on basket size? so according to the competition i can put everything on the CRC website in my basket and if i win i get it all? like millions of pounds worth of goods? and couldn't you just wipe there stock? :?

hmm :?

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
  • jadamson
    seems odd to me :? i dont think they have thought this through! if i win i may have to hire a wearhouse to stock it all :lol:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    You don't find out if you've won til after you make your purchase, so you'd have to be brave to try it :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    do you have to buy it first but because you do it during that date it won't be delivered but if you win they give you the money back?

if it's as easy as 1,2,3 i'll do it. superawesomechristams is coming early :D
  • jadamson wrote:
    got an email from them as ive purchased stuff from them before and im sure many of you have as well... in case you haven't heres a link - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/News.aspx?NewsID=728&PartnerID=2813

obviously there serious but surely they would have a limit on basket size? so according to the competition i can put everything on the CRC website in my basket and if i win i get it all? like millions of pounds worth of goods? and couldn't you just wipe there stock? :?

hmm :?

And are you REALLY willing to take the risk and spend thousands/millions of pounds, just in the event that you MAY win?! :lol: :roll:
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    What they advertise they have to stick with it if not they could be fined for mis leading representation and false advertising ..

Especially as it doesn't state on the limit of goods in the basket but I suspect the person with the least amount ie 1 single item stands a greater chance
  • 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601
    yeah but if you reread it, does it not come across that you have to make an order i.e. pay for it, then if your order number is drawn you get your money back?

can any of you afford to buy there entire stock?

edit: bollocks beaten to it
    Fancy a brew?
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    There will only be four winners chosen - one winner per week up to 3rd Dec.

I don't know how many orders they get per week. 20,000? More?

Your chances of being selected are slim to say the least. And as previous posters note, you have to place an order to qualify for the weekly draw, in which case you get your money back.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • jadamson
    oh right my bad... thought you could just leave it in your basket! dam marketing scam! (ish) :lol: maybe ill have to go for the win the lottery idea :D
  • touchy
    touchy Posts: 60
    We will then select at random one order reference number from all orders placed during this time
    If you dont confirm the order then you cant win. So if you want to risk buying all their stock on the off-chance that you'll win - go for it!

On the plus side, even if you dont win, you can still start up your own bike shop :D
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    To be eligible for the draw all you have to do is place an order and proceed to the checkout as usual.

you still have to buy the stuff.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Shorty12
    Shorty12 Posts: 478
    Doubt they'll pick someone that has all the stock bought they'll loose hundreds
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Again....YOU HAVE TO HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR THE ORDER!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Mickal
    Mickal Posts: 67
    its pretty simple marketing, by getting all of us to place an order in the hope of winning it we will do follow the OP's lead, perhaps with a little more sense to just buy what we can afford anyway, and after all of the extra sales CRC will have more than made up the profits to make one basket a week free.
    Ooops, I broke my leg. Jersey, The original and better
  • Mickal
    Mickal Posts: 67
    its pretty simple marketing, by getting all of us to place an order in the hope of winning it we will do follow the OP's lead, perhaps with a little more sense to just buy what we can afford anyway, and after all of the extra sales CRC will have more than made up the profits to make one basket a week free.
    Ooops, I broke my leg. Jersey, The original and better
  • brownix
    brownix Posts: 115
    guess what i did!! :?

i ordered a full face with goggles an hour!!!!!! before the comp started :(
    gutted
    cuz i didnt see the email before i ordered it
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Just cancel and re-order if it bothers you that much, I'd say the chances of winning are slim though...