The problem with spectacles

trevtherev
trevtherev Posts: 372
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
Guys can you help me...I want to buy a pair of prescription spectacles that I can use for driving cycling etc and use in work. So they must be able to be secure whils't cycling but also be not sporty looking to use at work. Most prescription cycling glasses look great but too sporty so any ideas? I suspect something like oakley will do a frame that will not be too sporty but be good for cycling....your help and suggestions would be appreciated :(

"Cycling is like a church - many attend, but few understand."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/trevtherev ... 338579801/
www.runningfree.co.uk

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    There is a BIT of choice

http://www.eyewearbrands.com/oakley%20sunglasses/

My preferred option would be to go with contact lenses and then just have normal Oakleys.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Just wear ordinary spectacles for cycling then :?
  • i hate wearing my glasses when im cycling so i don't bother with any since the wind gets into my eyes! i've started using shades the past few trips out if it's light enough.
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • why not go to an opticians rather than asking a load of cyclists?! :? :?
  • Contacts all the way. That and a pair of clear lenses with rain x coated to them.
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Have you considered laser eye surgery. I had it done 18 months ago, and although it was expensive I no longer have to worry about issuses like yours. Consider the cost of glasses over say 10 years and you'll probably find that the surgery is cheaper.
  • jthef
    jthef Posts: 226
    I'am just trying the contact lense rought.
    then its just normal cycling glases/ shades.
    Contacts are not easy to start with but I will get use to them :(

Laser not suitable for me though.
    Adidas do a sports glases which has a piscription lense on the inside and changable lense on the outside.