Bianchi D2 TT

free
free Posts: 567
edited November 2009 in Amateur race
Any thoughts on this bike for my first fully fledged TTer? It's just within my budget for a bike. Don't want to spend any more than this really.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bia ... e-ec021262
Think first.
Then act.
That\'s it.
My 3 point plan.
A.partridge. 1997.

Comments

• i think you're mostly paying for the brand name here. you could get a better spec for the same money if you're willing to dig.

Bare in mind that if you're going to be vaguely serious about testing (TTing) then you'll want deep section rims/ or a disc on the back which will cost more dosh. I would buy a different, cheaper brand spend the rest on wheel upgrades.

Or have a look on Ebay, there is usually a scoop to be hand there, particularly with TT bikes as they wont suffer the same wear and tear as a road bike.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Planet-X stealth
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • free
    free Posts: 567
    Yeah, I was looking at the Planet X machines.

A fully fledged carbon TT bike built to spec for £999. Sounds too good to be true...is it?

Any thoughts on these bikes?
    Think first.
    Then act.
    That\'s it.
    My 3 point plan.
    A.partridge. 1997.
  • Got one, it's lovely. Pretty light as well for the price. I use the model b wheels on my road bike and bought some 2nd hand deep section wheels, tri spoke. The bars will probably get upgraded in time also. Other than that it's the puppies gonads for the £££ :!:
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!