Car Manufacturers that sell MTB 's

colintrav
colintrav Posts: 1,074
edited December 2009 in MTB general
BMW comes to mind I think Mercedes as well anybody know any others ?

Comments

• Porsche used to; I have one of them and it's wicked!
  • And of course..

Land Rover - rebadged Diamondback products
    Ferrari
    Lamborghini
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Seen a Lamborghini bike knocking around somewhere..
  • aston martin, peugeot
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 2,086
    Land rover put thier name to some fairly reasonable mtbs. The BMW bikes though seem to be around solely to attach to X5s to reinforce thier 'sports utility' aspirations.

Iirc, Ferrari have very expensive road bikes made for them by Cervelo or someone...
  • colintrav
    Alex wrote:
    Land rover put thier name to some fairly reasonable mtbs. The BMW bikes though seem to be around solely to attach to X5s to reinforce thier 'sports utility' aspirations.

Iirc, Ferrari have very expensive road bikes made for them by Cervelo or someone...

You can buy there bikes without having to buy an X3,5,6 If my memory serves me right they are in the region of 2.000
  • "it rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again"
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Kia

kia_mtb_437.jpg
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    in general , car makers should stay 1000 yards away from any bike design / manufacture
    they're total garbage mostly
    the lambo bike in Raymond A link is of asda quality.
    was expecting adjustable spoilers and a supercharger - wot a let down :lol:
  • Saab do an urban folder, built by Biomega if I'm not mistaken. Fits the boot of a Saab convertible when folded. Nice, if you like that sort of thing...
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Land Rover have done a couple of okayish bikes - apart from that you may as well buy a £200 Halfords bike, spray it and chuck £700 down a big drain.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,780
    Local Merc dealer has an E series estate with 2 MTB's perched on top which I think are MB branded (bit hard to tell as generally passing at speed). Look quite nice, but that's only because they are white....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Claud Butlers and not 'rebadged' but mix and match of components you couldn't usually get in CB's, or at least they were in 2008.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Alex wrote:

Colnago.
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • mac_man
    mac_man Posts: 918
    And of course..

Ferrari
    Lamborghini

Those Ferrari bikes... How farkin much??!!

£1700 for a £110 Suntour fork and Deore transmission?

That bike would surely barely cut it in a £750 bike test never mind a £1700 bike. :D
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk
  • I remember seeing a BMW bike in their museum in Munich. 3000Euro bike very underspecced. Equipped with Shimano Deore if i remember correctly. Not really what you would expect for that price. I agree Car manufactures should stay away from bikes.
  • TommyEss
    Of course, Lotus had a dabble too...

Lotus_Bike.jpg
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • gaanrowl
    gaanrowl Posts: 326
    does formula 1 in general count seen it in the flesh earlier in the year it was sweet

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/objects ... -d-,1.aspx[/img]
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    The Porsche one of old was hilarious:

2067992663_8f656dcbd9.jpg

We had a customers in the shop, I weighed it at around 45lbs with flat bars, a stupidly long stem and sod all suspension. I think it was about £6000 or something too, about 10 years ago.
  • Land Rover - rebadged Diamondback products
    Claud Butlers and not 'rebadged' but mix and match of components you couldn't usually get in CB's, or at least they were in 2008.

Simon

Claude Butler? Even worse.. as a Land Rover vehicle owner I was a little disappointed that LR decided to debble in bikes
    I assumed they had used semi decent frames like DB, but CB, well that's just wrong..

Perhaps with LR being owned by the Indian company Tata they'll release a Claude Butler designed Rikshaw
  • TommyEss
    Blimey!

That should be in the BSO thread!
  • colintrav

Simon

Claude Butler? Even worse.. as a Land Rover vehicle owner I was a little disappointed that LR decided to debble in bikes
    I assumed they had used semi decent frames like DB, but CB, well that's just wrong..

Perhaps with LR being owned by the Indian company Tata they'll release a Claude Butler designed Rikshaw

Tata have owned LR for less than 5yrs and have already made a loss ,,,

And have asked for a bailout .. but it's not hard to see why they have made a loss ...
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    And of course..

Not really. They make some pretty decent stuff as well

land_rover_vorbano_1.jpg
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    BlackSpur
    thats suprisingly nice
  • colintrav
    njee20 wrote:
    The Porsche one of old was hilarious:

2067992663_8f656dcbd9.jpg

We had a customers in the shop, I weighed it at around 45lbs with flat bars, a stupidly long stem and sod all suspension. I think it was about £6000 or something too, about 10 years ago.

That looks like a bmx with Gear's and Suspension
  • covelove
    covelove Posts: 209
    Peugeot old skool mtb, i had one of these as a plukey teen

http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/image ... =12g6revru
    does my tail look hard in this?

cove stiffee

orange 222
  • but peugeot did make some nice road bike frames...
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Seen the Ferrari one in Maranello....very over priced....obviously.
  • Skoda did a range of bikes too. The top spec HT was made by a Czech company called Author and was about £1500, pretty decent spec too.

skoda bikes