Travelodge - Do they let you take a bike in the room?

milese
milese Posts: 1,233
edited November 2009 in Road beginners
The £9 travelodge sale starts tomorrow, and I thought I might treat the bike to a weekend away, maybe to South Wales.

But will they let me take the bike to my room?

Any experiences?

Comments

• rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    make sure you book online. i was amazed to turn up with rooms available and told i couldnt book in person. defeats the whole point of a TRAVEL-LODGE. why was there three receptionists to not take any bookings. talk about angry.
  • Yes, I've been to several and they are happier if you do keep the bike with you in the room. It's a good way of having a few days touring in different areas, although perhaps a little expensive. I've always been very happy with the accommodation that I've had, and if you are looking at special offers then I'm sure that you'll find Travelodge great.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    You should be OK so long as the cleaners don't bust in and catch you "in the act"
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    will3 wrote:
    You should be OK so long as the cleaners don't bust in and catch you "in the act"

:shock: Good point, that man, I'll bare that in mind.... :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Milese wrote:
    The £9 travelodge sale starts tomorrow, and I thought I might treat the bike to a weekend away, maybe to South Wales.

Any experiences?

...as long as it's not dressed in these:
    41EszNGJGwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

...and you don't pack more tubs of Assos than is reasonably required. Other than that I don't see any problems. :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Yeah, used the one in Bridgend for the Dragonride, hotel was full of roadies with bikes in their rooms. :wink:
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Yep no problem I take mine to many different hotels but if you take rollers make sure to ask for ground floor room as they make hell of a noise if on higher floors :D
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Milese wrote:

Any experiences?

You have a link I ould not find any.
  • I lived in a Travel Lodge for 2 whole months while working away. Just tell them the bike's expensive and not dirty and they should be OK.

Just don't use the towels to to rub your bike down...and keep away from the kettle, I'll guarantee someone has pixxed into it!
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • milese
    Milese wrote:

Any experiences?

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/saver_rooms/

Thanksfor replies.
  • milese
    Milese wrote:

Any experiences?

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/saver_rooms/

Thanksfor replies.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I took my road bike into the room I'd booked, and had to wait whilst a dozen MTBers all carried their bikes through to an empty room that they'd booked specifically for that purpose. They'd come down from Chester to Rugely off road. The receptionist didn't have any problem with it. I suppose it's not her job to clean the room though.
  • rake
    I lived in a Travel Lodge for 2 whole months

is your surname partridge.
  • GMRK
    GMRK Posts: 22
    rake wrote:
    make sure you book online. i was amazed to turn up with rooms available and told i couldnt book in person. defeats the whole point of a TRAVEL-LODGE. why was there three receptionists to not take any bookings. talk about angry.

Are you Stewart Lee???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDwQ66XBrH8
  • rake
    edited November 2009
    i enjoyed watching that. i had the same experience. :lol::lol: i thought of him as i wrote it.
  • I have stayed in many Travelodges and only been refused once by the manager, but the young receptionist knocked on the door later and said you can take it in now as manager has gone home sorry he is just a bit of a tosser.
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy