Woolie Boolie socks

dg74
dg74 Posts: 656
edited November 2009 in The bottom bracket
Anyone got these for winter riding? Any good?

Comments

• skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Try 'Buying Advice' section? :D
    Cycling weakly
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Superb
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Superb
    +1 King of the winter socks
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    I have Rapha,Assos and WoolieBully and they are at least the equal of the first two but even better in terms of vfm. A top bit of kit that works
    M.Rushton
  • Depends what you want them to achieve I'd suggest.
    For example, when the weather's bloody cold my feet give me no end of problems, just freezing and painful, woolies boolies didn't stop the pain, good socks and decent warm overshoes did that.
    If you're just looking for warmer than normal socks then they'll be fine.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    I suffer with poor circulation and really suffer with my feet. But for cycling alone Woolie Boolies didn't make that much of a difference - due to the big mesh front on the cycling shoes - compared to two pairs of Assos spring/fall cycling socks. Combining some Castelli toe covers + Woolie Boolies though has made a huge improvement though and they've also become my hiking sock of choice and I've racked up more than half a dozen pairs so far. I even wear them casually if wearing leather-soled casual shoes.
  • Woolie Boolie - well, they're pretty good but...

Icebreaker socks.

Like warm foot hugs. Available in different weights, thicknesses, lengths, and worth every penny (quite a lot of pennies a pair). I go for 'Ultralite low cut' in summer andjust the Lite Low Cut now. Check shoe size both times though, there's a significant volume difference between winter socks and summer, gives me no end of trouble.
    Litespeed Tuscany, Hope/Open Pro, Ultegra, pulling an Extrawheel trailer, often as not.

FCR 4 (I think?)
    Twitter: @jimjmcdonnell
  • They are brilliant, or at least they were until my wife nicked them :(
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy