Reynolds Forks?????

glasgowbhoy
glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
edited November 2009 in Road general
Hi,

I am putting together a winter bike and had a set of chrome coloured steel Reynolds forks to go with the 531 tubed frame I have. Unfortunately the stem through the head tube is too short on the forks I have. Am looking for a set that will be about 6" long on the stem and fit a 56cm frame.

Anyone have a set ?????

Not too fussed on colour or condition.

Comments

• Would one of these help?
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • lae
    lae Posts: 555
    ^ looks good.

What are the dimensions of the chrome forks you already have - I was gonna get my forks plated but if yours are for sale and the right size...
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    Thanks mate,

Have never seen one of those before.

Will check with my LBS to see if that would work for me.

Other poster will come back to you as I know where I can get another chrome fork but again will have a shorter steerer tube as it's from a smaller frame originally

*******Update********

Unfortunately that won't work as it's extra thread at the top I need, not just additonal steerer length.
  • lae
    lae Posts: 555
    Ebay usually has a few chrome forks, but they're of varying quality. There's not much point buying cheap forks for a good 531 frame.

You could consider buying some good quality 531 forks and having them chrome plated - it would probably be under £50 for the plating (you could get other things done at the same time to make it more economical)